Need Opinions/ideas For Ethiopian Charity Cakes....

Decorating By yelle66 Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 2:40pm by tonia3604

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 4

I have a charity that I am doing this month that is really important to me b/c we are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia this year and it is an event that is put on by our adoption agency to raise money for orphans in Ethiopia. So, the idea of the banquet is to have all the people at each table bid together for a dessert and the table that bids the highest gets the dessert. So, I am donating two cakes and I want them to make a lot of money icon_wink.gif Does anyone have good ideas for me? They each need to serve 10 people. I thought about doing a smaller version of the giftbox cake in my photos and then I'm not sure what else I should do.

TIA for any and all help,

Danielle

3 replies
1of5wives Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1of5wives Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 4

How about the Ethiopian flag and US flag draped together to show the merging of the two countries in adoption. (just an Idea)

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 2:36pm
post #3 of 4

I think that is an awesome idea, but I probably should have been more clear about what they are raising money for. It is more for the caring for of the children who won't be adopted who aren't receiving any help right now. It is run by the agency, but will mostly be attended by people who are just there for a charitable purpose, not necessarily anyone who has anything to do with adoption. I've thought a lot about it and I thought about doing something that had to do with Africa, but mostly I want it to make a bunch of money so whatever will accomplish that end, I want to do. Does that make sense?

tonia3604 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonia3604 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 4

I like the flag idea, maybe you could do the flags on top of a round cake with children holding hands all the way around the sides?? Wilton makes a fondant cutter set used to make children...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%