How Do You Make A Camellia Flower?

Decorating By pastrychef101 Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 9:24pm by MikeRowesHunny

pastrychef101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrychef101 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 12:19pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have instructions or video on how to make a gumpaste camellia flower? One of my brides wants me to make the attached Martha Stewart cake, and I only have two months to figure out how to do it. I haven't found any cutters online and was wondering what I should use. TIA! icon_smile.gif
LL

5 replies
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 6

Scott Clark Woolley has the directions on his website. I downloaded the PDF if you want it. Send me a PM with your email address.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 6

Can I please also be sent this tutorial ...this flower is awesome~~~~thanks bunches

[email protected]

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 6

I have a bride who wants the exact same cake!!!! Be warned though, the Scott Clark Wooley cutters and instructions look NOTHING like this flower - his is a real camellia and the MS flower is far more 'fantasy' in style. Personally, I'm just using leaf cutters (softened at the edges) to achieve the shape of the MS flower petals. HTH!

Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:56pm
post #5 of 6

How are you going to get that sucker to stay up there? It looks like it's defying gravity it's so big Beautiful cake though, good luck!

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 9:24pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toptier

How are you going to get that sucker to stay up there? It looks like it's defying gravity it's so big Beautiful cake though, good luck!

Ummm, yeah, haven't quite worked that one out yet! Luckily my couple aren't getting married until September! Don't be surprised to see my camellia sitting further back on the top tier though thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%