Cake For 100

Decorating By Mike1969 Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 11:17pm by kakeladi

Mike1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1969 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 5

I am new to Cake Central.com but I can already see it is very cool. I volunteered to make a friend's 50th Birthday cake. I have searched online for recipes but have come up short. Any suggestions on where I might find recipes that will feed about 100 people? I aready looked at Charm City Cakes and Duff does not answer questions lolAnyway thanks for reading

4 replies
patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 5

Here is a link to Earlenes serving chart so you have an idea of the sizes you need.

Otherwise just look in the recipe gallery there are so many wonderful recipes. Depends on what you are looking for to serve. If you are looking for a certain flavor of cake or consistancy we all have our favorites but WASC (White Almond Sour Cream) seems to be an overall fav on CC. I know I love it!

http://www.earlenescakes.com/ckserchart.htm

hazelnut77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hazelnut77 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 5

Try on epicurious or martha stewart also

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 10:56pm
post #4 of 5

There are plenty of recipes in the Recipe section here on CC. Also the Cake Bible, which you might find in your library.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 5

Actually you don't use a recipe for 100 servingsicon_smile.gif You use smaller batches and bake several times. For about 100 servings you can use 14"x4" (two 2" layers); 10x4" and 6x3" rounds.
If they want sq tiers your sizes should be 12, 8 or 9 and 6 - each 4" high.
These #s are based on Wilton's serving chart - a serving being 1x2x4.

A great recipe would be the *original* WASC cake. It can be made in any flavor needed icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%