Omg, She Put It In The Trunk!!!

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 5:06pm by Bijoudelanuit

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, everyone. Well I was so happy with the finished product of my latest cake. You all know how we get when we are waiting on the customer to pick it up and get it out of our contrl. Well, I just had a customer pick up the cake and she put it in the trunk!! I had it is a sturdy box, dowelrodded all through down to the base board. But now I am scared as heck that it might tip over or something!! I know that it is secure as I could get it, but she is driving 30 minutes away with it. I will be totally mortified if anything happens to it. I did make sure that she had i all the way to the back of the trunk, but I am scared!!! Has anyone gone through this before?? Keep your fingers crossed with me!!!!

5 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 6

Once she picks it up, it's not really an issue. Say "Thank you very much" and kick back to watch a Lifetime movie! thumbs_up.gif

swtness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swtness Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 6

icon_surprised.gif I will keep my fingers crossed with you!

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 6

Actually I deliver all my cakes in the trunk of my car. It is the flattest area in my car. I use rug gripper pieces underneath it so it doesn't slide around. Haven't had any problems so far...knock on wood!!!

MosMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MosMom Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:36pm
post #5 of 6

I also find the trunk to be a pretty stable place for cakes. Of course you can't drive like a maniac but I never have cakes move at all in the trunk.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 5:06pm
post #6 of 6

I often use the trunk as well, with non-slip foam underneath... I make sure to drive incredibly carefully and it has worked well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%