When You Say Fondant Wedding Cake With Ribbon...

Decorating By MamaMayhem Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 4:47pm by kakeladi

MamaMayhem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaMayhem Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 3

Do you mean cloth ribbon or fondant ribbon? If it's fondant/gympaste etc how do you get it to shine like cloth ribbon? That looks so cool and I never know if its edible from the pictures icon_confused.gif

2 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 3

Is just a matter of preferance. To get them shiny you can dust them or paint them using luster or pearl dust.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 3

Yes, as April said, it can be either. Some of us try to specify which was used icon_smile.gif If you want fondant to shine you rub some Crisco on it OR paint or spray it w/a bit of water or dust w/luster, disco, or pearl dust.

Quote by @%username% on %date%