Really Need Your Help On This One!

Decorating By Amy729 Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 6:15pm by Cakeonista

Amy729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy729 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing this cake for my cousin's wedding in May. It was done by Jim Smeal of Charleston SC.

I feel like I do a better job with fondant than with buttercream so this is a real challenge for me.

I need help on the best way to do the pattern on the white tiers with the blue piping. Can I use a template or stencil? I have looked online for a stencil with that pattern and can't find it.

I really need some advice. I want it to be as perfect as I can make it!

Thanks so much!!!!!
Amy[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
LL

4 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 5

make yourself a template and transfer the design to the sides. then pipe it on, its not done with a stencil, you can see it is irregular so it must have been done freehand.

Amy729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy729 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 5

sweetcakes,

for the template do i just use paper? I have never done it before and don't want to make a mess of it.

thanks for your help!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 5

i would make a paper template the exact size of your cake tier, so wrap it around the outside of the cake pan and make sure it is the same height as your tier will be. then divide it into the number of sections you want. and start to draw your design, you can fold one section in half and draw only half then transfer it to the other half so it is truely symetrical.

then to transfer it to the fondant, you can either pin prick it or or use a graphite, carbon paper under neath and transfer it over by drawing over it.

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 5

There is a tutorial on stenciling over bc on youtube.............I just recently saw it and it did not look all that difficult. I was also looking in globalsugar and they have lovely stencils there. I'm sure if you google it you can find many. Good Luck and please post your finished cake! Ths cake is awesome by the way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%