Do Ya'll Add Chemicals To Your Grease Trap?

Business By littlecake Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 4:26pm by KathyTW

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 6

ugh...i just had my pipes dug out again....

the roto rooter man said i needed to add some junk to it like every other day....geeze at the price of that stuff it looks like it's cheaper to get the pipes cleared every now and then.

i'm so goofy after i saw the electric snakey thing he used...i'm thinkin i wanna buy one and just service it myself, didn't look like rocket science,. and it only took him a couple minutes.

5 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 6

Wait. You have a grease trap and your pipes still clog? ??

littlecake Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 12:31am
post #3 of 6

Yeah, the roto rooter dude said it's cause i don't put stuff they sell down the drain.

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 12:43am
post #4 of 6

After cleaning out my grease trap ONCE I swore I'd never do it again (my plumber warned me!!!!)....I bought some "Bio Clean" from her, pretty pricey at $30 for the 2lb bucket but I only use a small scoop once a month so it should last more than a year or two.

I haven't had the nerve to open up the grease trap again since I started using it so I don't know if it is really working but my drains seem fine.

littlecake Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:07am
post #5 of 6

ugh..i cleaned mine out once about 4 years ago...i thought i was gonna faint it was so gross.

that's alot cheaper than the stuff they recomended...maybe i'll buy some of that online.

how long have you been using it?

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 6

I think it has been about 6 months now....

Before you buy online...check out a few more plumbing companies and maybe even a plumber supply store to see what they carry. Even if they are a little more expensive than online, usually the shipping cost makes it an equal purchase.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%