New Gallery Search Feature!

Baking By MichelleM77 Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 10:05pm by shiney

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 7:18am
post #1 of 12

I know I'm not the only one that while looking for cookie pics has to search through tons and tons of cake photos. There is a new post by Jackie about a new search feature and it is awesome! You can now filter how you search and narrow it down to only look in the cookie gallery for example! Woohoo!!!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6282198.html#6282198

11 replies
JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 12

YEAH! party.gif

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 12

That's great!! Thanks so much for the info!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 12

Whoo hoo!! Thanks so much for posting this! icon_biggrin.gif

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 12

Yay, I love it! I was just using. thumbs_up.gif

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:12pm
post #6 of 12

WOOOHOOO! Thats so wonderful to be able to narrow your search and such! I love it! Thanks for posting that!!

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:33pm
post #7 of 12

Okay, call me stupid, butt....I don't see where to filter. I have always put in 'purse cookie' 'shoe cookie' or whatever I'm looking for, in the search box when I want to see just cookies

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:31pm
post #8 of 12

Shiney - we'd NEVER call you "stupid, butt"! icon_wink.gif
When you see the image box - type in "purse" then below it you should see a box that says filter .... then all the galleries are there ... where you can go to misc:cookies ... then you get .. purse cookies only! No cakes ... but hey, if your way works, then you dont really need a diff. way! icon_smile.gif

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:49pm
post #9 of 12

While on the subject of the "search" features....am I doing something wrong?

I do a search for a specific topic, "Airbrush" for example. My search results come back and of course there are tons of posts to look at. If I choose one, look at the posts, and then decide I want to look at another one in the results list I have to start all over with a new search....I can't just go back to the original results to continue reading those posts (I hope I'm making sense)....is this how it works or am I missing something?

Thanks.

shiney Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:56pm
post #10 of 12

Okay, so I'm a slight stupid butt! I was clicking on the top or side search button. You have to use the little search button to the left of the buddy list button in order to get the filter feature. I can see clearly now

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 9:54pm
post #11 of 12

Putting in "purse cookie" works great if the person who posted the picture put the word "cookie" into their tags for the pic. Using the filter works great if they just put "purse."

Hey Shiney, we're talkin gallery searching here, not posts. Click on the Galleries way up at the top and then you will see the gallery search bar. It's new and improved. icon_smile.gif

shiney Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 10:05pm
post #12 of 12

Michelle, I get that now...took me a while. I always do my search like from the home page. I very seldom go to the gallery page. Thanks for the tip!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%