Rice Krispie Cake Type Of Thing!

Baking By wildmum Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 10:06am by JanH

wildmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildmum Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:51am
post #1 of 2

Firstly I from Australia and I hope they are called Rice Krispies in America!

I am talking about the breakfast cereal.

I am wanting to make a basic cake slab and then decorate it as a farm yard.

My plan is simple as possible, so I thought rather than making lots of cakes, I'd make the slab and then make a rice krispie type thing for the barn/shed to sit on top.

Thing is what is a rice krispie type thing made of???

I was thinking maybe melting white marshmallows in a saucepan and then mixing in rice krispies. Sticking the lot in a lined pan and then leaving to cool?

We have some bars you buy in the kids section her in Oz that are like that but really sweet and I'd need a lot to make a barn.

I thought I might be able to make the barn with the house type tin I've seen on this site but not sure if its available in Oz though.

Any help appreciated!


1 reply
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 10:06am
post #2 of 2

Everything you ever wanted to know about RKT's:
(Includes several recipes, molding help and MORE.)



Quote by @%username% on %date%