Help With Chocolate Transfers

Decorating By sarah0418 Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 2:36am by tracey1970

sarah0418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarah0418 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:24am
post #1 of 5

Ok, so I have made FBCT before and had luck with that. I am making a Wall-e cake for next weekend and I want to make the characters out of chocolate transfers. I've never done them before. I believe that making them is the same technique, right?
Also, do I have to attach a stick into them before drying to get them to stand up on the side of the cake? Or do you just let them against the side.
I've seen so many cool character cakes with choc transfers where the characters look like they are standing on the bottom layer of the cake, any help is appreciated.
Oh, and also, I haven't seen the movie yet...so besides wall-e and eve, are there any other characters or scenes I should incorporate for a 3 year old die-hard wall-e fan? I would hate to miss something "crucial". icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
sarah0418 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 5

Anybody?

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 5

It is the same method except they'll set up. Once they're set I normally remove them from the freezer, wrap them and place them somewhere safe.

To stand them up there are several methods you can use. For some items I've made a triangle out of candy to lean them against because I haven't been willing to trust a stick or I've wanted them at a bit of an angle. If you're standing them against the side of a cake you won't need anything but a small amount of fresh icing. If want them standing straight up and you don't want them against the side of the cake a lollypop stick should work unless they're huge.

I'd let it set up and then pipe some extra candy where you wnat the stick to go. That way you don't have to worry about messing up the front if you press too hard or something.

sarah0418 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 7:58pm
post #4 of 5

thank you so much, that was exactly what i was looking for. icon_biggrin.gif

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 2:36am
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%