Anyone In The Bay Area Taken A Class At Baking Arts In Sf?

Decorating By MistyGirl2008 Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 7:37am by chikie

MistyGirl2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MistyGirl2008 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:57am
post #1 of 4

Has anyone in the Bay Area taken a class at Baking Arts in San Francisco? I just found them recently through a Google ad and have signed up for a gumpaste roses and leaves class next month. I like that they have standalone classes for just a few hours rather than having to commit to an entire series. They keep classes to 8 or less and provide all the supplies.

Just wondering if anyone has been there and what they thought.

Thanks!
Julie

3 replies
tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:08am
post #2 of 4

No but I've seen there ads for classes and love their cakes! I want to take a class to see how they wrap their cakes in choc., but I don't remember if they offer that one. Been thinking about it going there at some point though.

chikie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikie Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:23am
post #3 of 4

I'm moving to the North Bay in a couple of months. I have to look into those classe. That's my next step is to learn how to make gumpaste flowers....Thanks for the info!

chikie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikie Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:37am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygoose

No but I've seen there ads for classes and love their cakes! I want to take a class to see how they wrap their cakes in choc., but I don't remember if they offer that one. Been thinking about it going there at some point though.

I just went on there site and they do have a class on wrapping cake in chocolate, it's called "Chocolate Plastique ($150)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%