Okay Where Do I Get Those Party Nut Cups?

Baking By Redlotusninjagrl Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 4:22am by Susie53

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:32am
post #1 of 7

Okay, I really want to get some of those party nut cups for cupcakes. When I looked at the large Wilton ones, they appear to be coated. Does anyone use these to bake cupcakes? I have googled until I can't google anymore. I don't want that coating to melt into my cupcakes. Anyone know where to get non-coated ones? I am looking for the full size ones, not the minis. Thanks a bunch!

6 replies
andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:58am
post #2 of 7

I get mine at Cash & Carry (Smart & Final) if you don't have a local source here is the actual info on the bags so you can search that way. I get 2 sizes 4 oz and 3 1/4oz for cupcakes, 250 to a sleeve for about $5. Solo Paper Souffles, they are not coated and not hard to open to get to the cuppy either. Good Luck! Andrea

editted to add link, just did a quick search and found them here not sold by the case, don't know what they charge for shipping.
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/genpak-4oz-white-paper-souffle-cup-250-box/99951.html

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:52am
post #3 of 7

You can also get them in smaller packs at Michaels, WalMart, etc.. sold on the Wilton aisle. I bought them last week, 20 or 25 in a pack for under $2. They're lined though, so if you want to actually bake in them, I'm not sure if these are the ones you want. However, if you're just going to placed the already-baked cupcake in them, they're great!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 11:45pm
post #4 of 7

Bought mine at Michael's. but I put my cupcakes in them after I baked them. icon_smile.gif I used them as the popcorn cup for my popcorn cupcakes. icon_smile.gif

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:43am
post #5 of 7

Susie, I saw those and thought they were so cute! You are so creative!

I feel like I am on the hunt for the elusive wildebeest with these cups!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:56am
post #6 of 7

Great topic.
I have seen some and they are coloured/pattened - but everytime i googgle i can only find the plain white ones.
There is nowhere over here that sells the coloured/pattened ones.
Might anyone know of a website (in the US or elsewhere) that might stock and ship internationally - please.

Thank you. icon_smile.gif

Bh.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:22am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlotusninjagrl

Susie, I saw those and thought they were so cute! You are so creative!

I feel like I am on the hunt for the elusive wildebeest with these cups!

Thanks, but I can't take credit for coming up with the idea...saw them here on Cake Central....I love this site! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%