Favorite Cookie Books

Baking By Hollygb22 Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 3:13pm by JillK

Hollygb22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollygb22 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 15

Hi Ladies!

I lurk alot and love all the info I get off of these boards!

I've recently started decorating cookies and have been getting some requests for alot of orders lately!

Mostly i cover my cookies with MMF and add RI accents...I'm looking to get into some more difficult and ornate cookies.

Just wondering if anyone has some favorite books they get ideas etc from...the only one I've bought so far is the Flour Pot and I love it!

14 replies
aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 15

I second the love of the Flour Pot cookie book.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 15

Anything by Autumn Carpenter!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:09am
post #4 of 15

Cookie Sensations by Megan Mountford from one of my favorite sites:
www.bundlesofcookies.com

I also love Autumn Carpenter.

I wish the decorators from Elenis would come out with a book-I would be all over that.

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:24am
post #5 of 15

I have Cookie Craft and use it a lot. It is useful for showing many different kinds of techniques and also has good recipes.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 12:34pm
post #6 of 15

I absolutely love the Flour Pot. I also have Cookie Craft. I have Toba Garrett's Creative Cookies.
Love them all. And after speaking with Linedancer, I ordered "Bake me, I'm Yours Cookies" by Lindy Smith. I don't have it yet so I can't really speak for it.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:30pm
post #7 of 15

I have cookie decorating by Autumn Carpenter. I haven't finished devouring it yet. I just love all the techniques but am so afraid to try. LOL

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:06pm
post #8 of 15

Toleshed, you will love that book, I highly recommend it to all, but especially if you like to use fondant as your icing.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 10:28pm
post #9 of 15

The Flour Pot Cookie Book.

The two Confetti Cakes books have cookie ideas in them too. I just took them out of the library. Gotta love the library!

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 9:43pm
post #10 of 15

I just got three books today! Love that UPS guy with cookie delivery! I got Cookie Boxes and other 3-D Projects. They look a little hard and most of them you have to have special molds to make so I wasn't as pleased with it but did get a few ideas from it. I also got Fun Cookie Bouquets by Autumn Carpenter and absolutely love it already. I also got Cookie Bouquets by Casey Lester and I love it too. My 10 and 13 year old boys have already marked some they want me to make for them so they love them also.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 11:28pm
post #11 of 15

Today the book that I ordered, "Bake me, I'm Yours Cookies" by Lindy Smith came in the mail.
Love it. Thanks to Linedancer who mentioned the book to me. The designs in it are just beautiful. I bought it used on Amazon for $7.00. It was very gently used.

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:08pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by toleshed

Today the book that I ordered, "Bake me, I'm Yours Cookies" by Lindy Smith came in the mail.
Love it. Thanks to Linedancer who mentioned the book to me. The designs in it are just beautiful. I bought it used on Amazon for $7.00. It was very gently used.

Ditto; that's a great book for those who use fondant on their cookies. icon_biggrin.gif I got it for Christmas and love it.

I'm curious about the Autumn Carpenter books. Does anyone know if they're available anywhere other than online? We have a moratorium on online ordering at the moment. icon_rolleyes.gif Also, they seem kind of small. Are they worth it?

cakecookie6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecookie6 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:53am
post #13 of 15

To JillK-You asked about Autumn Carpenter. to see some of Autumn's cookie decorating, she has a website, www.cookiedecorating.com The instructions as well as fantastic work are shown for lots of techniques and decorating ideas.

cakecookie6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecookie6 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:56am
post #14 of 15

I'm sorry, it is www.cookiedecorating.com I mistyped in the previous post.

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:13pm
post #15 of 15

Coolness, thanks. icon_razz.gif I'd love to order the books, but that's a nice way to whet my appetite for now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%