Your Wedding Cake

Decorating By obitay Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 6:17am by MichelleM77

amytracy1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amytracy1981 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:55am
post #31 of 37

I got married 8 years ago when I was 19. My Mother-in-Law made my wedding cake. At the time I new nothing about cake decorating. I didn't even know what it was going to look like, I just told I wanted it to be marble cake.
Now that I know more about cake I wish I could get married all over again just so I can pick the cake icon_lol.gif
LL

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:30am
post #32 of 37

Aw, Debi, you're still sexy!!!!

My first wedding was supposed to be a fruit cake (Grandmother's recipe). My mom sent it overseas 6 months in advance. I ended up cancelling.

So my REAL wedding, that I actually went through with, was on the beach in Puerto Vallarta. LOVE my wedding, my cake, the mariacchi band... I had the seashell chocolates sent to me in Canada from a lady in Florida, and then took them on the plane down to PV. No stress. We served Tres Leches, but the cutting cake was just a plain white cake with white BC, Fondant, RI coral, and about a ton of chocolate sea shells. I still try to find the website that I bought them from, and I can't. icon_cry.gif

ETA: You know, in hindsight, I don't know that it was fondant. I was pretty drunk by that time. I DO know the chocolate was SUPER yummy!!!
LL

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:54am
post #33 of 37

We will be married 7 years this August 3. I picked my cake out of a sample book that our cake lady had. I believe it is a Martha Stewart cake. I sent her swatches of the pinks that I loved and she matched them perfectly. I had sort of rolled rose embroidery in the top of my wedding dress and my hair was done almost in a similar way (tight rolls, not really curls, can't explain it). Anyway, not all of that was planned, just happened that way. Here is a picture. She is not in business anymore, so I hope it's okay to post the picture.
LL
LL

MichelleM77 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:00am
post #34 of 37

Oops, sorry about posting the pic twice. I can see now that I posted the larger picture, that it was a pic from after we took our first cut! Ha! Oh, and if I remember right it was vanilla cake with french vanilla buttercream and fondant...and it had a monogram sugar plaque. We wanted a cake that (hopefully) everyone would like.

vmertsock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vmertsock Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:12am
post #35 of 37

I got married October 2007. I fell in love with a Collette Peters design and made that. It was vanilla cake with caramel swiss meringue buttercream. There was a fourth tier on the bottom, just not in that picture.
LL

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:15am
post #36 of 37

This September will be our 15th wedding anniversary. I can't remember how my cake tasted, but I can for sure tell you that it was the ugliest thing I've ever seen. I almost cried when I saw it, but there was nothing to do except get through the day. I never made a fuss or even told anyone I was disappointed with it until many years later. I just pretended I liked it.

I believe that this is the only picture of it that exists.
LL

MichelleM77 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:17am
post #37 of 37

Awww Kelley, it's not ugly, but it is awfully girly. I'm sure your hubby loved it.

vmertsock- That is quite a cake! Beautiful pleats!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%