Bettercreme Online

Decorating By mbt4955 Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 8:40pm by mbt4955

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 11

I just found Rich's Bettercreme on sug##cra##.com (blocked vendor). They have 1 quart for $6.39 and 1 gallon for $25.95. They also have VelveTop Chocolate. They require 2 or 3 day weekday delivery for certain states (including Texas) and say that the "product will arrive thawed, in a bag then wrapped in newspaper. Leave wrapped as received, shake well and return to FREEZER immediately. Product should be ready to be used in the next 24 hours. Instructions included."

Has anyone ordered this from sc.com? I'm assuming that it is the liquid form since it comes in quarts.

Just checked the shipping and it is a definite deal breaker for me. For the 1 qt size only, 2 day is $35.63 and 3 day is $22.04. For the gallon, 2 day is $70.28 and 3 days is $47.77. For those of you who do not live in states on the endangered list icon_mad.gif , you might check it out. I guess I'm back to trying the mock recipe.

Martha

10 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 11

I have ordered from them on several occasions......most of the time my experience is good.....only one time did I have a bad experience and it really wasn't THEIR fault I guess.

I've ordered airbrush colors, cleaners, pattern presses, and impression mats...I love to order from them because I live in Ohio and everytime I order I pay the regular shipping price and my stuff always arrives the next day super cool icon_smile.gif.
In any case the only bad experience I had was that I ordered a set of square fat daddio's pans from them 4"-16" squares and paid around $70.00 which was a REALLY good deal......however, they had one little pic. of them and from what I could tell the pans were perfectlly square corners, well when they arrived they were perfectly square and I emailed them to ask if I could send them back.....well obviously I couldn't (and I knew they wouldn't let me, it said over and over again on their site that they don't do returns on cake pans, so I knew the policy when I ordered).......that's the only time I haven't been happy with something I've ordered from them and in all reality it wasn't really THEIR fault....nevertheless I was pretty upset that I spent all that money for pans I don't EVER use!

Do you have a Gordon Food Service store near you??? They sell it there.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 11

Oh and you can buy it already whipped at Sam's Club

mbt4955 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 11

We don't have Gordon Food Service here. According to the Rich's website, the closest place for me is Brownsville, which is about 400 miles away - just a little too far to drive for bettercreme! icon_cry.gif I can probably get the big bucket of pre-whipped at Sam's, but I don't have room in my freezer.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:00pm
post #5 of 11

what is bettercreme? Thanks

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:43am
post #6 of 11

I ran into the same problem with the outrageous shipping price for Sugar Cr-ft. I called my local grocery store, and they were able to order it for me from Sysco Food Service. I would try that. It was cheap, liquid form, and I don't have to pay any shipping thumbs_up.gif The only downside is that I have to buy the entire case, but I'll make room in the freezer....I'm soo excited to get it and start trying different mix-ins!

mbt4955 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:05pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonimarie

I ran into the same problem with the outrageous shipping price for Sugar Cr-ft. I called my local grocery store, and they were able to order it for me from Sysco Food Service.

What a great idea. I have a brother who owns several restaurants and I know that they don't use Sysco, but maybe he could order it for me. I'll check on that. I would rather have a full case of the liquid than a huge bucket of the pre-whipped. If you don't mind me asking, what did/will you pay for the case? How many containers is it - 12/24/36? Thanks!

mbt4955 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:55pm
post #8 of 11

I just got this from my brother ... "We use Ben E. Keith Foods. We use Richs on Top which is a whipped topping that we put on the top of our puddings so there is a good chance that theyll have the Bettercreme."

Keep your fingers crossed - maybe I will have Bettercreme by this time next week! thumbs_up.gif

tonimarie Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 1:40am
post #9 of 11

I absolutely don't mind you asking about cost, unfortunately I didn't write it down on paper when they called me.........cause I was soo excited that they could get it for me that I would have paid $20 per container at that point! I think it was something like less than $7 each for 12......will let you know as soon as I get it, which should be Monday or Tuesday.

tonimarie Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 8:31pm
post #10 of 11

Picked up my bettercream today icon_smile.gif A case cost $58. The containers were 32 oz and there were 12 of them. So that was like $4.38 a piece. I think that was a good price, what do you think?

mbt4955 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 8:40pm
post #11 of 11

I think that is a great price. I need to ask my brother if he remembered to check on this for me ... even though I have a feeling the answer will be no. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%