Mini Cupcake Boxes

Business By kickasscakes Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 4:54am by milissasmom

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:35am
post #1 of 10

I have an order for mini cupcakes, and am wondering how I can improvise for boxing them up, as I have no boxes for minis....

9 replies
kickasscakes Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:53am
post #2 of 10

Any ideas?

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:11am
post #3 of 10

You know....I use egg cartons! CLEAN AND UNUSED egg cartons so they are safe. http://www.eggcartons.com/product-exec/product_id/169/nm/Blank_White_Polystyrene_Foam_Egg_Carton_EGF1BL_WH
I always keep them on hand just in case I get a mini cupcake order. They are great and pricing is not bad at all (IMHO). 25 for about 12.00! You can just put your own label on them. They are really, really fun to decorate. Good luck!

kickasscakes Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:21am
post #4 of 10

Interesting idea! They don't tip and get mucked up?

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:19pm
post #5 of 10

once I had an order for minis, before I had bought boxes (brpboxshop.com)
and I bought a piece of posterboard and cut the holes in by hand
good luck!

milissasmom Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 12:32am
post #6 of 10

No, they don't get messed up...That's why I use them. Everything else I tried didn't work nearly as well for me or were way too pricey. They actually fit in there perfectly! Almost like they were made for minis. I have a bad habit of not taking pictures of stuff that I do (never even thought about it before Cake Central) so I dont have anything to show you but trust me, they fit perfectly!! Good luck.

milissasmom Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 12:39am
post #7 of 10

HA!!!!! Found a link with a picture of the mini cupcakes inside of an egg carton! This is just how SNUG mine look. But I use the plain white box with my own logo and info and decorate them according to the theme/event I am taking them to. Good luck

http://www.shelterrific.com/2008/08/18/steal-this-idea-egg-carton-mini-cupcake-holder/

kickasscakes Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:47am
post #8 of 10

You rock! Thanks so much! I will give that a try!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 7:09am
post #9 of 10

Another idea is to take foamcore board (when it goes on sale for .99, preferably) and use either toothpics or skewer sticks about 2" apart. Place the cupcakes so the bottoms are pierced by the toothpics and it holds them in place.

I have one that is semi-permanent (I hot glue the toothpicks int he base) and then when I take them to the school, I cut the foam core to fit into my sheet pan. If you had some other boxes (deep dish pizza boxes are nice) these can hold them in place and be put into the boxes.

Obviously, be careful when you pull the cupcakes off making sure the half toothpick stays in the foamcore and not in the cupcake. It's never happened to me but who knows??

milissasmom Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:54am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbuns

You rock! Thanks so much! I will give that a try!

You are vwry welcome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%