Oprah Yesterday?

Lounge By MichaelaRod Updated 10 Mar 2009 , 8:19pm by MichelleM77

MichaelaRod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichaelaRod Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 19

Anyone happen to catch Oprah yesterday? My husband and I were guests on the show and they briefly showed some of my cakes!

18 replies
jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 19

I watched it here and there while I was making dinner...which couple were you?

MichaelaRod Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 19

We were the first couple, with the obsessed Redskins fan husband.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 19

I watched! When they said that you had recently started a cake decorating business, and then the picture went to your cakes, I said to my husband,..."wow, she's good"! I wondered if it was anyone on here. I thought it was a nice segment. Was it fun for you to do?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:34am
post #5 of 19

Oh man I would have LOVED to have seen that! How did you get picked to be on the show? HOw exciting for you!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:01am
post #6 of 19

How cool! If I would've known, I would've surely tuned in.

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:13pm
post #7 of 19

Congratulations!! That must have been soooo exciting.

MichaelaRod Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 4:31pm
post #8 of 19

They changed our air date so many times, I got tired of emailing/ calling people to announce when we would be on or I probably would have made an announcement on CC! I wrote in when they were looking for a husband with an expensive hobby. I was determined to get to the Oprah show one way or another in 2008 and I called everytime they have tickets, wrote in everytime anything applied to my life. If I was actually thinking they were reading them all, I might have thought twice about writing in about my husband! Thank God he loves me enough to make the ultimate sacrifice of pride!
It was always my dream to meet Oprah and now I have!

SUUMEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUUMEME Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:59pm
post #9 of 19

I saw you!!! Your story jumped out at me because of the cakes they showed and all that Redskins stuff- we live an hour north of DC and I obviously do cakes. Are you from the DC area too? I wondered if you were on CC and sure enough you are! Ha small world! Amazing cakes by the way!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:59pm
post #10 of 19

Oh, that's so cool! Sorry I missed it.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 12:15am
post #11 of 19

I saw you. I came in late and missed when they said you had started a cake decorating business or I would have been much more interested icon_smile.gif
Darn! I missed your cakes. But how exciting for you.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:38am
post #12 of 19

Dang, I had it on but wasn't paying attention. I think I erased it too.

I've had it with Oprah though. I hardly watch it unless I'm interested in the topic, but the minute she mentions the Obamanation, I'm outta there.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:41am
post #13 of 19

Michelle, I find it irritating that EVERYTHING on her show is "going to CHANGE your life!" My, my, how'd we EVER get along before she came along to tell us all how to live? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

But she's one of the highest paid women in America, so it must work for her! thumbs_up.gif

DyMakesCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DyMakesCake Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 11:31pm
post #14 of 19

Wow! How cool is that? I saw it and even though I'm usually just a lurker here, when they showed the cakes I also wondered if it was a CC member.

I thought your kids were adorable!

Congrats!

MichaelaRod Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:50am
post #15 of 19

Thanks re: the kids... they used some really cute clips of them if I do say so myself.

I will definitely agree with the Obamanation thing. I was a huge Oprah fan until she got politically involved. Luckily as we were taping this show back in October I was not aware of how involved she was in the Obama campaign (maybe I was just wearing my rose colored glasses as usual). So I experienced meeting her before losing respect.

However, my mother in law is so angry about her open involvement in the Obama campaign that she actually refused to watch our show.... that's going a bit too far if you ask me. How often is her son going to be on national tv? Rediculous.

MichelleM77 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 11:49am
post #16 of 19

Oh my, was totally waiting to get slammed for my comment.

And I forgot to say how cool it is that you were on TV, no matter who the host was! Just rechecked the DVR and yep, I deleted it. Maybe you made it to YouTube! icon_smile.gif

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichaelaRod Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 2:57pm
post #18 of 19

yup! That's us! I'm sure it will be on youtube eventually....

MichelleM77 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 8:19pm
post #19 of 19

Well there she goes again! She had to ruin a perfectly good show. I honestly don't think she can get through an entire show without mentioning him. LOL! So sad.

So today NObama wants to computerize all medical records. Computered records won't solve everything. What Oprah probably doesn't know is that HER records at the Cleveland Clinic are transcribed by someone in India. Yes, India. I lost my job when the change happened because the clinic is too greedy and wanted to get it done for pennies. Sure, American MTs can make mistakes too, but do you trust someone who doesn't speak the language as their first language to transcribe your medical records? I can tell you for sure that there are very few doctors who actually proofread their reports, they just sign and move on. So they won't catch the mistakes, the next doc or nurse will look at it for medication lists, and boom...a mistake.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%