Stupid Question

Baking By CookieMeister Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 5:38pm by CookieMeister

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 5

I've heard good things about Antonia74 (SP?) Royal Icing and want to try it. It asks for 2.25 pounds of powdered sugar. Anybody converted the recipe to just use the regular 2 pound bag of powdered sugar? I'm horrible at math, and just can't get my mind around it.

4 replies
TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 5

I haven't tried it with 2 pounds. Do you have a scale? I do 2 pounds 4 oz. if that helps. The recipe is a bit flexible with the amount of PS.

CookieMeister Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 5

I do not have a scale, but that's an option if I can't convert it.

I was just hoping someone had already done the legwork so I didn't have to reinvent the wheel. icon_biggrin.gif

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 5

The Wilton RI recipe calls for 4C or 1lb of PS.
so 1/4 lb is 1C ??

buy a scale, you won't regret it...
I hated forking over the $$$ for mine, but I couldn't live without it!!!

one of my favorite tips that I learn on CC was to measure shortening with a scale... put the can-o-crisco on the scale and scoop out the appropiate weight (no messy measuring cups!!!)

I do this all the time now, even for flour, I put the flour on the scale and scoop it out as I add it to my mixer (this is great, when the kids keep interupting me and I can't remember if I put in 2C or 3C of flour, LOL!!!). or when I'm measuring ingredients for sifting....

CookieMeister Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:38pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenWhitlock

one of my favorite tips that I learn on CC was to measure shortening with a scale... put the can-o-crisco on the scale and scoop out the appropiate weight (no messy measuring cups!!!)

OMG - SOLD!!!! I hate using measuring cups for shortening when I make buttercream! Heading out on my lunch break to buy a kitchen scale!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%