Captiva Island Fl

Lounge By SueW Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 11:13pm by JodieF

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:00am
post #1 of 7

Has anyone gone there? I just found out I am going in May and I don't know anything about it but it looks nice icon_smile.gif

6 replies
summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:21am
post #2 of 7

I haven't either, but in May I am going to Destin, FL. I cannot wait!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:47am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

I love Destin! The beach is beautiful there. We are going to Cocoa Beach this summer so we can take the boys to Kennedy Space Center.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:05pm
post #4 of 7

welcome to Florida icon_smile.gif
I personally have never been to captiva but I hear its gorgeous.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:25pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

I love Destin! The beach is beautiful there. We are going to Cocoa Beach this summer so we can take the boys to Kennedy Space Center.

You just gave me an idea! If it isn't far, then I am so taking my son there. He loves anything to do with that type of stuff.

We are staying on Emerald Dunes.

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:24pm
post #6 of 7

Captiva is at the north end of Sanibel Island. Sanibel is the third best place to collect shells in the world, after the Phillipines and West Africa. If you can, go on a shelling trip with one of the local charter boats. You can also check out Anne Morrow Lindbergh's book "A Gift from the Sea" She stayed on Sanibel after her baby was kidnapped. Biking, kayaking, canoeing are great activities for the island.

All the Randy Wayne White mysteries take place on Sanibel and Captiva. He also wrote under the alias of Randy Stryker. His character's website if www.docford.com.

I guess he is my current favorite author. His books give you island history, culture, wildlife, ecology, etc all wrapped in a goor read for the beach.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 11:13pm
post #7 of 7

Sanibel Captiva is one of my favorite places on earth! I'm so jealous! Yes...shelling...you'll be doing the "Sanibel stoop"! The cemetery on Captiva is amazing. Go read the headstones. Eat at the Bubble Room. There's a wildlife sanctuary. You can watch dolphins swimming. Walk the beaches, walk the beaches, walk the beaches!

There aren't chain restaurants or fast food. You'll really feel like you've been somewhere special!

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%