Decorated Cheesecake?

Decorating By CakeMakar Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 2:53am by CakeMakar

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:18am
post #1 of 7

I have a birthday boy that really doesn't like cake or any desserts for that matter, but will scarf down cheesecake.
I've seen decorated ones in the gallery, but leaves me some questions.
Do you use regular icing or make a icing plaque sort of thing? Does the icing slide? Any recipes anyone recommends?

6 replies
FLOWERGEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FLOWERGEL Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 7

hi
check out my first time not good decorated but good tasting chessecake before puting in the chessecake in the oven i took some of the chessecake mixer colored the mixer and decorated the chessecake with the colored mixer than put it in the over

CakeMakar Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks. I'm planning on doing a baked cheesecake for the first time, too. I grew up on the Knox box recipe. I think I may do a plaque. Should I put a parchment between the two?
Any more ideas, please?

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 7

Hi, I have always just used cream cheese frosting to decorate my cheesecakes, just treat it like any other cake. Make sure to do everythink ahead of time, you want to bake and let the cheesecake sit in the fridge overnight before decorating.

Good Luck thumbs_up.gif

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:14pm
post #5 of 7

I always decorate cheesecakes....you can use buttercream, ganache, fruit sauces...whatever you want! There are some examples in my photos beyond this one.

Jodie
LL

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:51pm
post #6 of 7

I always use meringue buttercreams on cheesecakes, it tends to stick on them better than an icing that has shortening in it.

CakeMakar Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:53am
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone for the pointers! Jodie, your cheesecake looks SO good!
I gave up sweets for Lent, so hopefully I can keep my fingers out of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%