Found Some Callebaut Chocolate, Is This A Good Price?

Decorating By butternut Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 7:22am by gerripje

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 7

Hey everyone. I came across the block Callebaut chocolate at my local military Commissary. They are selling it for 7.99 per pound. Is this a pretty good price? Also, is this one of the better chocolates? Thanks so much.

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 7

Well all I know is Callebaut is one of the best chocolates in the world.Actually the main factory is here in my city and the chocolate s are divine!!Every year hubby gets me a small box for Christmas or mother's day and I usually have them polished off in 2 days...They are very expensive too..but so worth it!! They have won awards all around the world especially in Belgium and France for their perfection so if you have a chance to buy a block at that price...I would!!!

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 7

thats a good price
I get it at whole foods for a little more than that

its totally worth it

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:13am
post #4 of 7

Check it's Bernard Callebaut. There is a copycat brand called Barry Callebaut, which I have heard bad things about. I've seen 'Callebaut' chocolate on bulk sale and assumed it was the former, but now believe it to be the latter, especially when looking at the price!

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:52am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbsCookies

Check it's Bernard Callebaut. There is a copycat brand called Barry Callebaut, which I have heard bad things about. I've seen 'Callebaut' chocolate on bulk sale and assumed it was the former, but now believe it to be the latter, especially when looking at the price!

Oh WOW that's interesting. The one I saw at the Commissary had the Callebaut emblem on it but there wasn't anything on the packaging saying that it was Bernard Callebaut. Hmmmm, better check into this a bit further. Thanks so much for the heads up.....

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:39am
post #6 of 7
gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 7:22am
post #7 of 7

I liked the fact that I could get Bernard Callebaut chocolate drops at my local grocery store..... then they changed to Barry Callebaut. It took me a couple of times to notice the difference, I thought the package had just changed. It certainly is not as good.icon_sad.gif I thought I was crazy, then I looked closer... BARRY icon_mad.gif , which they sold for the same price as the real stuff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%