Flip Flop Template - Suggestions

Decorating By mbt4955 Updated 4 Mar 2009 , 7:21pm by mbt4955

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a template for flip flops? I think that I am going to use a 9x13" cake and cut the flip flops at an angle to use as much cake as possible. I printed one picture of a single ff and cut it out, but it isn't straight. I guess I could just trace around an actual ff, but I thought someone might have a template out there that they would be willing to share.

If anyone has creative ideas for decorating, I would love to hear your thoughts. The only guidance I received is "she likes purple." This is for a 12-13th birthday.

Thanks!
Martha

4 replies
samantha22c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samantha22c Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 5

sorry I don't have a template but I would just uses an actual outline of a flipflop and then enlarge it. Most teens like the tall flip flops which would be easy and really cool to make. Then you could put the happy birthday all around the flipflop.

mbt4955 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 5

I'll run by the dollar store and pick up some new ff's ... actually I guess I could use mine since I will only be making a template. Great idea about putting the HB around the edges. Too bad I can't pipe, but I did get the new FMM Funky Alphabet Lowercase cutters at the cake show this past weekend, so I could use them.

Thanks, samantha22c! thumbs_up.gif

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 5

I made a couple of cakes with fondant flip-flops as the decoration on top. I used a rubber shelf covering as an impression mat to give the flip flop the right texture. They were pretty simple to do and left a whole cake to eat!

I tried to attach the pic. but it was too big, but if you go to my photos, you'll see the flip-flops.

mbt4955 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks, poohsmomma. The shelf liner is a great idea. I don't do fondant cakes, so I don't have any on hand but I may try to press the liner into my crusted buttercream. btw ... great cake! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%