I Passed! I Am Licensed! Whoopee!

Business By springlakecake Updated 6 Mar 2009 , 6:58pm by Monkess

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:45pm
post #31 of 38

Congratulations Merissa! I'm still in the process with my commercial kitchen, but not too much more to do......have a blast being legal!! Your kitchen is wonderful and I do like the happy yellow color!

SweetToothBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetToothBaker Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:53pm
post #32 of 38

That is an amazing kitchen. We have a camel back house, my dad is renting the one bedroom apartment, but when he moves we want to convert it. It has a separate entry and everything. How much did it run you if I may ask. And how did you find the requirements to have a kitchen in your house. I'm so worried that I could get in trouble for using my regular kitchen.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:12pm
post #33 of 38

Congratulations Merissa!!! Your kitchen looks spacious and I do like that soft yellow! It looks great!! It ought to be a cinch to keep spotless, after the job is done, since it's completely separate from your family kitchen. I'm very happy for you!!

amielyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amielyn Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:21pm
post #34 of 38

What a beautiful kitchen! I am hoping to someday have a separate kitchen and start my own business, and I will use your pictures as my inspiration! Congratulations!!

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:43pm
post #35 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

My brother-in-law was from Ortonville I think! Is that close to Clarkston?

Yes it is! Small world huh?

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 4:34pm
post #36 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyoung5

Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

My brother-in-law was from Ortonville I think! Is that close to Clarkston?

Yes it is! Small world huh?

My DH lived and worked in Clarkston for awhile, I think I must have remember driving by/through Ortonville. I don't think too many people from my BIL's family still lives there but their last name is Mannor. Familiar at all?

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 4:38pm
post #37 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetToothBaker

That is an amazing kitchen. We have a camel back house, my dad is renting the one bedroom apartment, but when he moves we want to convert it. It has a separate entry and everything. How much did it run you if I may ask. And how did you find the requirements to have a kitchen in your house. I'm so worried that I could get in trouble for using my regular kitchen.

Well I think when it is all said and done probably around 10K. I think it ended up costing about twice what I thought. At lot of stuff adds up that you dont think about: permits, legal documents, contractors! Fortunately it came from out savings, and I purchased stuff over almost an entire year, so it didnt seem as bad. It was a little tight in December though! I also am not including the stuff I already owned. I also was able to get some really good deals on certain items and even got some free stuff.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:58pm
post #38 of 38

Congratulations! Your kitchen looks very well organizes and spacious! My best wishes for all success. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%