Cookie Frosting?

Baking By Redlotusninjagrl Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 12:54pm by GeminiRJ

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:45am
post #1 of 3

Okay cookie people... I have been reading about flooding and piping and my head is spinning. How about a simple question? That yummy icing that is on those big cookie cakes... what kind of icing is that? Is that a buttercream or some "Cookie" icing? I don't know these things but I can't stop quit looking at all the beautiful cookies. I have the recipes for NFSC and the instructions by antonia714 on how to bake and decorate cookies. I am very excited to learn everything I can about cookies!!!! Thanks!

2 replies
HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 3

Like the cookie cakes that are at the cookie stores in the malls? I would guess that is buttercream becuase it's never dried totally hard, right? But then if you use it on a regular cookie you wouldn't be able to stack it. I guess I don't really know?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 3

Every large cookie from the mall shop that I've seen has been buttercream. For intricate decorating and when used on cookies that will be bagged or stacked, you will need an icing that will firm up as it dries. Antonia's is one that is very popular with CCers...I use a slight modification of Toba's Glace.

Quote by @%username% on %date%