Need Help Looking For This Cake Plate

Decorating By beamom Updated 4 Mar 2009 , 3:31pm by Jeannem

beamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beamom Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:45am
post #1 of 12

Can anyone help me? I am trying to figure out where I can purchase the cake stand/ plate seen in this picture for a wedding cake. I have search the internet for days and no luck icon_cry.gif . Please help
LL

11 replies
Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:53am
post #2 of 12

Looks like a white cake drum to me..am I not seeing something??

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:54am
post #3 of 12

it looks like a silver cake drum , covered in fondant...

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:55am
post #4 of 12

Hmmm, I don't where you could buy them, they kinda look like the Wilton ones, but I wonder if you could make them yourself with some type of round plastic and glue beads in between?? Just a thought! HTH

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:56am
post #5 of 12

It looks like individual boards to me. If you look at the blown up version the middle board on the bottom layer sticks out farther than the others...that is what leads me to believe they are individuals instead of an entire stand.......probably wrong...but that is how it looks to me. Gorgeous though!

beamom Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:57am
post #6 of 12

sorry for the confuse everyone but I am looking for the plates holding the two tiers

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:58am
post #7 of 12

I've never seen one like it. Is it possible that it's alternating sizes of foam core that has been adhered together with the outer edges of the larger ones covered in coordinating ribbon? Add dried gumpaste beads, made the same diameter as the space between to help maintain even spacing...Looking closely at the enlarged picture, the disks aren't exact which leads me to think it's not manufactured for sale but created for this cake specifically.

SugarChic24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarChic24 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:01am
post #8 of 12

I never seen anything like that before, actually looks like its homemade. I would do that instead of driving yourself crazy (probably cheaper to) Looks to me like a bunch of separator plates or cake boards with pearls glued on inside. But make sure to put some kind of support in the middle where it cant be seen. This could def. be handmade. Very pretty btw.

beamom Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:05am
post #9 of 12

Thanks for the replies. I will your suggestions and pray for the best.

all4cake Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:07am
post #10 of 12

or something like this...

http://www.cakecraftshop.co.uk/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_CUL7308&url=http://www.cakecraftshop.co.uk/shop/7/323/index.htm

with alternating sized discsrings of foam core with a hole in the center to slide over it and ribbon attached to edges of larger discs/rings

no...looking at it again...it wouldn't be that....hmmmmmm...

all4cake Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:24am
post #11 of 12
Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:31pm
post #12 of 12

This cake is a Marina Sousa creation--perhaps if you e-mail her she'll share. justcake.com. She's also a member here on CC

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%