My Sister Volenteered Me For A Guitar Cake...ahhhh

Decorating By Briniga Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 12:39am by Briniga

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 12:25am
post #1 of 7

My sister is a wedding planner & I make cakes of course, well she just called me & said shes doing a wedding in may & they want me to do the wedding cake (4 tiers!!) & the grooms cake, his cake will be a guitar shape, Ive never done that before...& that next weekend I'm already doing a wedding & grooms cake, that was gunna be my official 1st wedding, I havent been doing this that long... Gosh I'm nervous about all this now. icon_cry.gif Anyone have any suggestions on the guitar cake?

6 replies
samantha22c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samantha22c Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 12:38am
post #2 of 7

They are easier than thay look. I've made two. You just have to get a good pattern and then the rest is just making the small pieces ahead of time so you can give it the little details. Good Luck.

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:00am
post #3 of 7

Samantha is correct. They are easier then they appear. If you need a pattern, let me know. My child is small so he has a 3/4 size electric and base guitar. I just traced it!

Briniga Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:37am
post #4 of 7

Really...ok well when you get time, that would be great!! Thanks all icon_smile.gif

Briniga Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:46am
post #5 of 7

Oh one question I was wondering...how do you make the arm of the guitar? How do you shape it?

samantha22c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samantha22c Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:21pm
post #6 of 7

You carve it out of cake and then i shave it down at an angle like the real neck of a guitar when it's laying down.

Briniga Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:39am
post #7 of 7

Ok thanks! How much do you charge for this cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%