Mmf Question...

Decorating By Creative_chika Updated 4 Mar 2009 , 2:33am by sheilabelle

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 4

Hello CC users! I'm very new to this fascinating cake world. I made mmf and turned out great. I was told that to make it harder I could add gumpaste or tylose powder. What I want to do is try a figurine and would like for it to harden. I did a number two and it kind of fell apart. Not sure why. Question is should I use gumpaste or tylose and whats the difference. Any help?? I'd greatly appreciate it! thumbs_up.gifbirthday.gif

3 replies
samantha22c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samantha22c Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 12:45am
post #2 of 4

I would use gumpaste. It hardens nicely.

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 1:52am
post #3 of 4

Hello. You can use fondant with a 50/50 mix of fondant mixed with gumpaste or add 1/2 tsp. of tylose to fondant to help it dry faster and harder. I have used both methods but prefer the tylose. It just takes and extra step out of the process by either making or buying gumpaste. If you go to youtube there are some great tutorials from aine2 using fondant with tylose to make figurines.

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:33am
post #4 of 4

Hello. You can use fondant with a 50/50 mix of fondant mixed with gumpaste or add 1/2 tsp. of tylose to fondant to help it dry faster and harder. I have used both methods but prefer the tylose. It just takes and extra step out of the process by either making or buying gumpaste. If you go to youtube there are some great tutorials from aine2 using fondant with tylose to make figurines.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%