New Beater Blade For Kitchenaid....do You Love It?

Decorating By lvspaisley Updated 11 Feb 2013 , 1:04am by nczooarea

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:37pm
post #31 of 50

Loved it from day one! A friend gave it to me for Christmas and now I'm looking to get one for another friend of mine who got a new KA for Christmas!

I don't use anything else now!

hula1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hula1974 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:40pm
post #32 of 50

Has anyone used it with Sugarshack's Buttercream recipe?
I always have a hard time finding something good to scrape the bowl with and I thought this might solve the problem!
But I hate to mess with her perfection!!

BlondiezBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlondiezBakery Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:40pm
post #33 of 50

I am so excited to give it a try!

So, not to sound dense...but which one do you need to buy if you have a 5 qt pro? I want to make sure that I get it right the first time.

racechick311x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
racechick311x Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:40pm
post #34 of 50

I like mine too but I have had a problem with it scaping so well it throws the dry ingredients out!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:04pm
post #35 of 50

Evidently no one read, or just skimmed over my post about my DEFECTIVE beater blade........ Because of this thread, and being able to get an address to contact them, I sent an e-mail about a half an hour ago to tell them of the problem...... I just got an E-Mail back, and they are sending me a brand new one FREE OF CHARGE....... I told her about Cake Central, and that we were talking about their product, and that I would relay their prompt and courteous customer service.... So.... that is what I am doing...... WHAT NICE PEOPLE !!!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:08pm
post #36 of 50

" So, not to sound dense...but which one do you need to buy if you have a 5 qt pro? I want to make sure that I get it right the first time."

Blondie, go to their site.....it was posted earlier in this thread..... they will have all the sizes you need........
I am SOOO happy they are fixing mine ! I LOVE it !

BlondiezBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlondiezBakery Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:20pm
post #37 of 50

Thanks!

SS385Monte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SS385Monte Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:26pm
post #38 of 50

Grama_j - That's great to know that they stand behind their product! Makes me love mine even more.

Lori17201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori17201 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:29pm
post #39 of 50

Call your local kitchen store to see which one you need. I have the 5qt. tilt head so there wasn't a problem in matching the blade to my machine.
They have the blade for the KA tilt head, the 6qt lift and 5qt lift models. They also have it Cuisinart, Viking & DeLonghi 7-quart

http://beaterblade.com/categories/faq/models.html

good luck,
Lori

hula1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hula1974 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:33pm
post #40 of 50

Has anyone used it with Sugarshack's Buttercream recipe?
I always have a hard time finding something good to scrape the bowl with and I thought this might solve the problem!
But I hate to mess with her perfection!!

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:45pm
post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by grama_j

WHAT NICE PEOPLE !!!

No kidding! The guy who invented it helped me get the scrapers that I love to use on the sides of my cakes! Very very awesome thumbs_up.gif

Lori17201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori17201 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:04pm
post #42 of 50

I finally used my new blade today now that I'm feeling better. I used it to mix the cake and to make the frosting. It was wonderful!

Lori

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 7:31pm
post #43 of 50

Add me to the list of Beaterblade lovers! That thing is awesome! I'm sure KA is kicking themselves for not coming up with the idea. Mine will squeak once in a while at the beginning of mixing but then quiets down. My engineer DH says it is the scrapper part rubbing so tightly against the bowl (it's doing it's thing well!) it squeaks until some of the ingredients supply lubrication.

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 11:03pm
post #44 of 50

I have an older model Kitchen aid mixer - the classic version and my bowl says K45 (or 4.5 quarts) Do you think I could use the 5qt paddle from them, or would it be too big? With the regular KA paddle I'm constantly scraping the sides and it never ever mixes the bottom of the bowl. I don't even bother using it for cake batter because it misses the bottom so I thought this attachment would solve this problem. Thanks.

Oh and it's a tilt head mixer.

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 11:21pm
post #45 of 50

Here is a list from www.beaterblade.com if you have any other inquiries, go to the website and email/call/contact them

If you have a:
KitchenAid
4.5 & 5-Quart
Tilt-Head

Model Numbers: Artisan, Classic, Classic Plus, Ultra Power: Accolade 400
K45, K45SS, KSM75, KSM90, KSM95, KSM100, KSM103
KSM110, KSM150, KSM151, KSM152, KN15E1X

Will work on almost every KA Tilt-Head mixer ever made

You need:
BeaterBlade+
KA-TH

If you have a:
KitchenAid
5-Quart
Bowl-Lift
Narrow Bowl

Model NumbersHeavy Duty, Professional 5 & 500: K4SS, K5SS, KSM5, KP50PS, KPM5, KPM50, KSM50HDP KSM500, KSMC50, KG25H3X, KG25H7X, KG25HOX, KM25GOX,
KG25GOX, 4KSM50PWH, K5-A (post 1950)

Traditionally has a bare metal crank handle
Your KA Flat Beater has a Long Neck & 2 Arms

You will need:
BeaterBlade+
KA-5L

If you have a:
KitchenAid
6-Quart
Bowl-Lift
Wide Bowl

Model Numbers: Professional 6 & 600, Deluxe, Epicurean: KD2661X, KP2671X, KP26M1X KP26M8X, KB26G1X, KL26M8X, KT2651X, KP26N9X
Professional 5-Plus: KV25GOX, KV25G8X, KV25HOX

Traditionally has a rubber grip crank handle
Your KA Flat Beater Should Have 3 Arms

You will need:
BeaterBlade+
KA-6L

If you have a:
Cuisinart
Viking &
DeLonghi
7-quart

BeaterBlade+ is fully adjustable. Please refer to instructions.

You will need:
BeaterBlade+ CDV-7

uschi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uschi1 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 11:40pm
post #46 of 50

I bought mine last weekend on a trip to Syracuse. I've used it twice and love it!!! It's wonderful!

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 11:43pm
post #47 of 50

Niccicola - wow! Thanks for all of the info. I am definitely going to order it now.

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 11:46pm
post #48 of 50

Yeah, no problem! I actually just finished studying that site to figure out which one I need. I've got it on order from my local kitchen supply store.

Can't wait!!

BakingJeannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingJeannie Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:20pm
post #49 of 50

I loved mine at first, until I realize it kicks my wet and dry ingredients out of the KA mixing bowl. The other day while making my SMBC I had to cover bowl with a kitchen cloth. Well, with all the heat, my butter started to melt. I now go back and forth to the paddle beater. Apart from that, it's a great tool to have.

nczooarea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nczooarea Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 1:04am
post #50 of 50

Has anyone bought a Beater Blade or KA version for the KP2671X, older model, 6 qt.l lift, 525 Watts?  Which one did you buy, does it work, and where did you purchase it?

Many thanks for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%