Cheesecake Pan Recommendations - Brand/style/size

Decorating By xstitcher Updated 4 Mar 2009 , 3:59am by xstitcher

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:39am
post #1 of 6

Hi all!

I'd like to try making a cheesecake (my favourite dessert but I have yet to make it tapedshut.gif ) but was wondering if I could just use the magic line cake pans I already have or would I be better off buying a new pan.
I saw so many different sizes/styles and shapes on-line that it's left my head spinning so I thought where better to get my questions answered than here.

If you all think it's best to get a new pan then:

1) What brand do you recommend?
2) Should i get springform pans or cheesecake pans?
3) What size would be best? (including height - I've seen them ranging from 1.5" - 3.5").

TIA!

icon_smile.gif

5 replies
xstitcher Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:12am
post #2 of 6

Does nobody bake cheesecakes anymore??? icon_lol.gif

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:22am
post #3 of 6

Hi there! icon_smile.gif

I bake my cheesecakes in a 9" spring form pan that is about 3" tall. I find most recipes fit that size pan well.

I did get a cheesecake pan but have yet to use it. I also have used my regular cake pans with success and flipped the cheesecake out after freezing.

The spring form pan is good but I have found that it does not hold it's shape and the seal is not as tight after a few years of repeated use.

HTH! icon_smile.gif

PS- just a suggestion but I have found it to be helpful if I take a cheesecake somewhere to use a cardboard instead of the base that comes with it. That way I don't have to worry about not having the bottom when I need it. This came to me after my bottom was at my mother's house for 2 months... icon_rolleyes.gif

xstitcher Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:27am
post #4 of 6

Thanks so much Lenette and yes it does help. icon_smile.gif

gr8yf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8yf Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:45am
post #5 of 6

I like to bake my cheese cakes in a water bath, so the traditional cheese cake pans are no good because water leaks in the seam. So in your cake pans line them with several pieces of wax circles, after it is chilled invert the cake on a plate covered with plastic wrap. Peel off the wax paper, place plate of choice on the crust then turn back over.

xstitcher Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:59am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8yf

I like to bake my cheese cakes in a water bath, so the traditional cheese cake pans are no good because water leaks in the seam. So in your cake pans line them with several pieces of wax circles, after it is chilled invert the cake on a plate covered with plastic wrap. Peel off the wax paper, place plate of choice on the crust then turn back over.

Thanks for that valuable piece of info gr8yf!

I never thought of the water bath. I just read about it recently and that makes sense a lot of sense.

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%