Do You Ever...

Decorating By baycheeks1 Updated 4 Mar 2009 , 11:48pm by ElectricCook

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:48am
post #1 of 15

Do you ever run out of ideas and just get burnt out? What do you do? I have somewhat run out of ideas for drawing designs...I like seeing other CCers ideas...but I have run out of my own!

14 replies
baycheeks1 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:20am
post #2 of 15

Anyone have an thoughts...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:28am
post #3 of 15

are you kidding? I get ALL of my ideas from browsing CC! I'm not big on reinventing the wheel! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:35am
post #4 of 15

Yeah, what she ^^^^ said! Do what I did today.......take time to just stroll thru stores like Hobby Lobby and other places that have a lot of home decor &/or crafts. Surf the internet for all kinds of crafts, posters, etc that you can transfer into CAKE icon_smile.gif

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:39am
post #5 of 15

Also i have gotten inspiration from greeting cards, beach bags, gift bags too!

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:50am
post #6 of 15

I don't know what I would do without CC--it's like having a team of experts at my fingertips. Between the gallerys, forums recipes etc--I think I'm set for the next twenty years or so icon_smile.gif

baycheeks1 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:11am
post #7 of 15

Thanks for the advice...and part of the reason I joined CC. You know how sometimes you just want to do something you've never seen before? I guess I like to be a pioneer of sorts, but whatever the case...maybe I'll just mix some of the ideas together. Thanks.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:15am
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by baycheeks1

...maybe I'll just mix some of the ideas together. Thanks.

That's what I tell my brides .... picking your wedding cake design is just a big cut-n-paste process! thumbs_up.gif

kalida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalida Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:58pm
post #9 of 15

I agree with aquamom i dont know what i would do without CC, Ther is so much talented cakedesignerssssss[i] here. I LOVE CC icon_biggrin.gif

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:04pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalida

I agree with aquamom i dont know what i would do without CC, Ther is so much talented cakedesignerssssss[i] here. I LOVE CC icon_biggrin.gif

Me too! icon_lol.gif

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:09pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalida

Me too! icon_lol.gif

Ditto what they said ^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!! I am so thankful and happy that I found Cake Central and all you guys!!!!!!!!!!!

sshoshie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sshoshie Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:15pm
post #12 of 15

I don't think I would be half as successful without all the great ideas on here! Thanks to everyone for sharing their great ideas!

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:24pm
post #13 of 15

Basically what all the otgers said. I just browse CC for ideas and use those ideas for inspiration. I don't know what I would do without CC.

baycheeks1 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 10:08pm
post #14 of 15

Yeah, I like lookin through all the pics and things too...I just wanna do somethin new sometimes, not what everyone else has already done.

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 11:48pm
post #15 of 15

I get most (ok a whole lot) ideas/insipration from CC. I can't start the process without looking on CC. Once I have it I have to rein myself in and remember I have a limited amount of time and I really haven't tried that yet.

I love CC for inspiration. I also find myself quoting CCers all the time

I need help with posting my pics, for whatever reason I just can't seem to find the time to do it. It's not like I don't know how I just always seem to find something else to do.

I should start a thread about "how to make yourself upload your pictures in a timely fashion"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%