Need Advice On Edible Photo

Decorating By kimlarge Updated 4 Mar 2009 , 1:39am by Linliv46

kimlarge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimlarge Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:43am
post #1 of 5

I am a newbie; a lady at my church has asked me to do the groom's cake for her wedding. She is asking for a edible photo to be placed on the cake of the groom's bluegrass band. I do not have the equipment to print my own.
My question is: can anyone refer me to a reputable place via internet that I can send a digital picture and order a edible photo. Also, how do I apply the photo to the cake. Thank you in advance for your help.

4 replies
Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:54am
post #2 of 5

Kim, you can take your photo to your WalMart bakery and they will make your image. I think about $5. Really easy to put on the cake, just keep it in a plastic bag until your ready to use it so it doesn't dry out. If you'd like you can put it in the freezer a few min before you lay it on the cake. This makes it real easy to remove from the paper backing. Hope this helps! thumbs_up.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:02am
post #3 of 5

1st off "Edible Image" is a copyrighted name of a certain product.
What you are referring to is a frosting sheet pic icon_smile.gif

Keep that pic in the fzr (or at least in the frig) in the plastic or mylar bag it comes in so it is perfectly flat until you are ready to use it. They will crack all into little bitty pieces if you don't icon_sad.gif I suggest waiting until just a few days before you need to put it on your cake to have it made.

kimlarge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimlarge Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 1:31am
post #4 of 5

I called our local super wal-mart bakery and they said they would be glad to print a picture for me for $5.00; they did tell me to bring a gallon size ziploc bag to place the picture in. I am worried that this will not be large enough for a 8 x 10 photo.
I thought about taking a large roasting bag and zip tie. Will that work?
Thank you for the quick replies, you have been very helpful.
I am also wanting to put royal icing musical instruments on this cake. What can I use to paint the instruments with.

I love CC

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 1:39am
post #5 of 5

Kim, you can use any kind of plastic bag just be sure it is air-tight or your image will dry out quickly. I have used the gallon size to put mine in because the image will probably not be all the way to the edge of your 8x10. Anyway just be sure is it air tight until the min you get ready to put it on the cake! Now about painting I don't have a clue! Maybe somebody can jump in and help you! Post your cake when you are finished! HTH thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%