How Do You Bake Your Cupcakes

Decorating By bobhope Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 5:38am by bobhope

bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 12:59pm
post #1 of 15

and yet retain the color of the liner?each time i bake chocolate, red velvet (& other dark colored cakes)cupcakes in bright colored liners like orange, red, hot pink etc, they come out dark & the bright colors of the liners doesn't stand out anymore & is overwhelmed by the dark color of the cake instead..how do you dot it? icon_sad.gif

bobbie

14 replies
kalida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalida Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 15

Bump.... I myself have the same Prob so thanks for posting this one. Can anyone help us out?

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 15

I asked this same question and got almost no response. I would really love to know the answer or any tips too!!! There has got to be a way, I've seen others have no problem and they look gorgeous, but no one has given any tips icon_confused.gif

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 15

you mayhave to double up the liners or pop the baked cupcake into a new liner once its out of the oven.

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 3:53pm
post #5 of 15

I'm not sure that another liner after baking will do it; it's not going to conform to the cupcake and give the look you want.

Doubling up on liners before baking sounds a little bit more plausible.

In the past when baking dark-colored batter, for example last time I did red velvet I used dark red baking cups. They turned out beautiful and of course red the whole way through.

Also, I've read a thread here where everyone was complaining about foil wrappers....no! In this case, foil wrappers are your best friend! They're completely opaque no matter the color of batter. I've used the supermarket foil liners by reynolds and had good results. HTH

vita752001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vita752001 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 8:57pm
post #6 of 15

I only use the greaseproof baking cups or the foil baking cups. No more greasy liners after baking. You can find the foil cups everywhere but I bought my greaseproof baking cups online. I got mine from here: www.vikingimporting.com.

calivettie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calivettie Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 15

They do make thicker/opaque colored liners that look amazing on cupcakes. You can definitely find them on line. But as far the ones they sell with characters or flowers etc, I never get them because the pictures usually get lost when the cupcakes are baked. icon_sad.gif

bobhope Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:22pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeco

I'm not sure that another liner after baking will do it; it's not going to conform to the cupcake and give the look you want.

Doubling up on liners before baking sounds a little bit more plausible.

i do agree coz i tried that & they just looked funny..maybe i should try doubling up on liners before baking..foil liners are great, no matter what the color of the batter is, unfortunately, our local suppliers here have limited colors to offer (red, green ,silver & gold only)..i'm gonna need bright orange liners for 200 cc's for a july wed..i will just have to check if orange foil liners are available online..thanks for all your input guys..really appreciate them icon_smile.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:54pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhope

i'm gonna need bright orange liners for 200 cc's for a july wed..i will just have to check if orange foil liners are available online..thanks for all your input guys..really appreciate them icon_smile.gif

Bobhope - here is a link showing the cupcake cases i use down here in Western Australia.
http://www.champagnecakes.com.au/flowers1.html
Scroll down the page and you will see the BRIGHT ORANGE ones.
I have just measured them and they are 1 3/4 inches across at the base
and 2 1/2 inches across at the top.
They are made in the UK -
$6.50 for 100 cases - Australian $$$s.

I am seeing the supplier tomorrrow night (Wednesday) and i can ask if she does International Orders.
I am sure she does as she does *paypal* and *ebay*

They are excellant for high temperatures - and stay as *crisp* after baking as before.... icon_smile.gif yet they peel away from the cooked cakes without tearing....or distroying the cakes.
Just Brillante.

If she doesn't do international - and i see you require them before July - i can always grab a few hundred and post them to you.

Rembering that they are BRIGHT ORANGE and will stay BRIGHT ORANGE.
In my *photos* you can see the bright purple, bright green and bright yellow ones.

Hope this helps.

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

bobhope Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 7:56am
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhope

i'm gonna need bright orange liners for 200 cc's for a july wed..i will just have to check if orange foil liners are available online..thanks for all your input guys..really appreciate them icon_smile.gif

Bobhope - here is a link showing the cupcake cases i use down here in Western Australia.

I am seeing the supplier tomorrrow night (Wednesday) and i can ask if she does International Orders.
I am sure she does as she does *paypal* and *ebay*

If she doesn't do international - and i see you require them before July - i can always grab a few hundred and post them to you.

Rembering that they are BRIGHT ORANGE and will stay BRIGHT ORANGE.
In my *photos* you can see the bright purple, bright green and bright yellow ones.

Hope this helps.

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

bluehue!that's so sweet of you!i hope she does international.. icon_smile.gif ..i looked at your photos, they are lovely & the bright colors of the liners stay bright indeed!!! icon_smile.gif thanks

Bluehue Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 9:46am
post #11 of 15

Bobhope - i went and saw my supplier last night as planned and spoke to her about your predicament.
YES - SHE DOES INTERNATIONAL ORDERS - thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif
And you just pay via paypal - which is easy peasy.

Her name is Dawn - and she is excellant - if you order one day she will post off the next for you.

Glad i could help...just yell out if there is anything you have trouble finding and i will do my best to hunt it down for you over here.

Bluehue - icon_smile.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:19am
post #12 of 15

Bluehue, Thanks!

Bobbie, am glad your problem has been solved! Take care!

Bluehue Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:53pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeshoppe

Bluehue, Thanks!

Awwweee - thats nice of you to say *thanks* cupcakeshoppe -
It was my pleasure - after all i learn so much just from reading/being here.

So frustrating when you see and want something but don't know how or where to find it.

Was only to happy assist Bobbie....and hopefully others who were reading this thread.

Bh icon_smile.gif

bobhope Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:36am
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Bobhope - i went and saw my supplier last night as planned and spoke to her about your predicament.
YES - SHE DOES INTERNATIONAL ORDERS - thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif
And you just pay via paypal - which is easy peasy.

Her name is Dawn - and she is excellant - if you order one day she will post off the next for you.

Glad i could help...just yell out if there is anything you have trouble finding and i will do my best to hunt it down for you over here.

Bluehue - icon_smile.gif

yipee!thanks bluehue!you're an angel icon_biggrin.gif..will contact dawn..i'm soooo happy to be part of cc fam icon_biggrin.gif

all the best,
bobbie

bobhope Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:38am
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeshoppe

yeah denise, and BIG thanks to bluehue!icon_biggrin.gif

hugs!

bobbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%