Help. Need Ideas. Cross Cake With Someone Praying On It???

Decorating By Cakesbykaye Updated 3 Mar 2009 , 2:08am by nikki72905

Cakesbykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakesbykaye Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 8:35am
post #1 of 6

I have a customer... who is getting a cake for his mother...
this is for celebrating the day when she got saved years ago.
All he has said that he wants is a CAKE shaped like a CROSS...with a Lady kneeling and praying on it... ???
Maybe its because It is so late...but I am Tired...and my mind is BLANK lol.
I need ideas.... How can i pull this together?
If I were doing a sheet cake...I would make a cross from Fondant...then a lady from fondant...and have them both on top of the cake...
I LOVE working with Fondant/gumpaste etc...
I also have the Cross Shaped Pan...so that part is covered thankfully...
Please help me ... Hopefully someone out there in Cakecentral Land...will come to my rescue quickly...I have to deliever this cake on Tuesday March 3. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated !!!

5 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 9:08am
post #2 of 6

im thinking use the cross pan, and make a little figure of the woman praying, wich sits in the middle of the cross. nice and simple! maybe filigree round the outside? or a criss-cross pattern? flowers are another idea?
xx

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 9:13am
post #3 of 6

I had a sketch done for you but my scanner wont scan it in, without enlarging so big you can't tell what it is. ...

But here is a discription:

Make the Cross shaped pan....

Make a fabric looking piece of fondant - colored purple (drap it around the cross (around the top section and sides)

Make a women out of fondant and have her kneeling over the cross with her hands folded into a prayer resting on the cross. if you would like you could also make a book that looked like a bible and put it under her hands.

Good luck! I hope this helps

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 9:33am
post #4 of 6

The other thing you might want to do is look at the communion/christening cakes in the galleries here on CC...there are quite a few cakes with crosses and praying figurines etc. Good luck!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 6

I like Nikki's idea except I'd leave the purple cloth off and make the cross frilly and girly. The purple cloth, to me, represents death; and you said the cake is celebrating the day she was saved. (saved from death? .... or maybe if it's "saved" as in born again, then maybe the death of Jesus is an appropriate symbol. ... now I'm not sure)

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:08am
post #6 of 6

Not that this is a huge deal or anything but in our church, the purple sash is drapped across the cross for the entire season of lent/easter as a reminder of him dieing on the cross for our sins, that is the reason I had the thought to begin with, but you do whatever is right for the situation!

Every denomination feels differently about certain symbols. Good luck and use what ever you like about the idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%