Gluten-Free Cake Needed.....

Decorating By nicksmom Updated 3 Mar 2009 , 1:31am by ceshell

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:07am
post #1 of 9

I have a request for a gluten-free cake and I have know clue where to find a recipe.Does anyone have a recipe for this....chocolate gluten free cake.TIA

8 replies
mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:28am
post #2 of 9

i have this recipe called 'flourless choc cake' shared by my friends, who have tried baking them & just raved about the taste.
i haven't tried so can't comment on the texture & such, however i trust their feedback on the taste.

FLOURLESS CHOC CAKE

200g choc
3/4 cup sugar
180g butter
6 eggs (separate the whites & the yolks)
1tsp vanilla

1) melt butter + sugar + choc over low heat, cool the mixture
2) add in the yolks into the mixture and mix well
3) beat the whites until fluffy (they didn't say soft peak or firm peak so i guess, i would vote soft)
4) fold the whites into the mixture until well corporated
5) bake at 375 - 400 for about 20mins (i think it's a bit too high, but that was what given.. so..)

try it and let us know how it comes out.

nicksmom Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:58am
post #3 of 9

is that a chocolate bar for baking?

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:54am
post #4 of 9

I loooooooooooooove flourless chocolate cakes, and have made (and decorated) one for my gluten-intolerant friend. They are dense and flat, like a brownie. But decadent and delicious. The one I made, I torted (hard to do) and filled with raspberry puree, and then topped with whipped ganache in order to give the cake a little more height. (Then I plated it with real whipped cream as you need that to help cut the intense chocolate.) But they still don't get THAT much height. Here's the one I made; you can see that even torted, filled and iced, AND covered in fondant, it is quite flat http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=87824 . Of course you could always stack two cakes but the dessert is so rich, that might be overkill.

If you want a taller, more "cake like" gf cake, check out this thread. http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=522883

mclaren Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 8:06am
post #5 of 9

nicksmom, yup, choc bar for baking, sorry didn't specify when i typed the recipe.

agree with ceshell, i've seen the pics of their cakes, and yeah, they were kinda flat. you may want to maybe bake two cakes & fill in between & stack them to achieve some height.

mclaren Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 8:09am
post #6 of 9

wow ceshell, that was a great looking cake!

bellatrixothersis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellatrixothersis Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 12:40pm
post #7 of 9

I've been baking gluten free..if you google it - tons of recipes come up. there are alot of site eating gluten free... try Bette Hagman recipes

nicksmom Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:27am
post #8 of 9

yes great looking cake ceshell indeed! I DO have to figure out how to get hieght AND she specified no fillings or BC in center! I could do cake ontop of cake ontop of cake and hope she has a glass of milk!!!!!!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:31am
post #9 of 9

Gak, no fillings or BC in the center, not even raspberry, or ganache?? Oh yeah if you do flourless chocolate on top of flourless chocolate she is going to need a tub of vanilla ice cream in addition to that glass of milk. Plus the cake will serve about 10x the people it was originally intended to serve; it is so rich, most people can only handle a sliver. And I do mean a SLIVER. (But not me, I could eat an entire cake like that for breakfast. Mmmmm I love me some chocolate!!!!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%