How Do I Successfully Use The Wilton Aeroplane Cake Tin!

Decorating By joanna3292 Updated 1 Mar 2009 , 6:33pm by joanna3292

joanna3292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanna3292 Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 5

Ive just tried to use this tin and it was a total disaster. I put as much lining paper into the tin as possible but it is an impossible shape to line, also the wings are a lot shallower than the rest of the plane so the wings had a horrible hard crust on top whereas the body of the plane didnt. I left it in the tin for 10 mins or so but when I tried to get it out it completely fell apart and half of it was left in the tin - any suggestions? Do the release sprays work or are they a waste of money? Perhaps I should have brushed it with oil? ANy suggestions please?

4 replies
SimplySensational Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplySensational Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 5

Oh I wish I had a tip for you but I'll give you a little bump. I'm married to a commercial pilot and would love to make him an airplane cake! Hopefully someone can help!!!!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 5

I use the Wilton Cake Release and have never had a problem...I love it. I just squeeze a little in the pan and use a pastry brush to spread it making sure I get it in the corners. My cake always comes right out!

reesesob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesesob Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 6:03pm
post #4 of 5

I use PAM baking spray and have NEVER had a problem.

Do you have a link to the pan you are referring to?

joanna3292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanna3292 Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 6:33pm
post #5 of 5

Heres a picture of the cake tin, you might be able to see that the wings are more shallow than the rest - maybe I should cut the wings out of the tin half way through cooking to stop it being over-cooked.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%