Dragees?

Decorating By kandu001 Updated 1 Mar 2009 , 11:41pm by kandu001

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone! I've never bought dragees before, I usually just make my own. However I have decided that I want to buy some. If I buy white ones, can I color them or at least make them sparkle with luster dust? I wanted to buy the multi-colored pack so I wouldn't have to choose, but they're out of stock, so I'm thinking white if I can make them colored myself. What do you all think??

4 replies
kandu001 Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 5

oh, and what's the most standard/ "used most often" size? I'm bad at knowing size in milimeters!

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 5

they usually range from about 2 to 5 mm (around here anyway), and you pick the size that's most complimentary to whatever you're working on.

as for coloring them, i'm no help. i've never tried.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 5

I brushed some of the white dragees with lustre dust and you could tell a little difference. I'll have to try airbrushing but I'd think that anything liquid base may not be good for them. Next on my todo list....sounds interesting.

kandu001 Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for your responses. I guess I'll probably wait until they have the colored ones back in stock, since it sounds like it doesn't work that well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%