Best Way To Package 35 Cookies?

Baking By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 1 Mar 2009 , 8:24pm by bakinccc

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 4

Hey there
What's the best way to pack up 35 palm tree shaped cookies? The person I'm making them for want's to put them in cello bags herself, but I just need to get them to her without breaking them. I use the Toba Garrett recipe for Butter Cookies - they are quite thin (rolled to 1/8"). Maybe I should try making them a little thicker?? Should I pack them into a cake box with parchment or wax paper between and put in some tissue. Any ideas??

3 replies
bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 4

When I've done cookies with a lot of delicate details I layer them in those disposable aluminum trays with the clear covers. With a normal cookie I'll just put a sheet of wax paper between the layers but with more delicate cookies it goes like this in the tray from bottom to top...

wax paper
1st layer of cookies
wax paper
layer of crumpled tissue paper for cushion
wax paper
2nd layer of cookies
and so on.

Crumple the tissue paper up and then sort of lay it out flat again still letting it be crumpled. This really gives a nice cushiony layer between cookies if it's needed. I'd probably use two of those aluminum cake pan sizes with three layers in each. Hope that helps!!!

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much Bakinccc. I was hoping you'd respond. You're my favorite cookie maker here. LOVE your work!!

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks SugarFairy!!! You're too sweet!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%