Ideas For A Soon To Be 9 Year Old Girl...

Decorating By wendycar Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 4:11am by gracecb

wendycar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendycar Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 7

I need help...I make cakes on the side for fun. I make the cakes for my daughters friends and local events. I mostly work in fondant. I have made fish, guitars, and even cruise ships but I can't for the life of me come up with a cool idea for my daughters 9th birthday party. I want my daughters cake to be the best so far. She is into sports (you name it she plays it), fashion and music. She is a great kid...so I want to go all out. My well has run dry for ideas. My cake making skills are pretty good so I don't mind a challenge I just need an idea.

Any thoughts out there!!!!!! Help

6 replies
Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 6:01pm
post #2 of 7

I have a 9 year old...last year we did a spa party...painted the girls nails, did some make-up, etc....I made the spa cake that is in my photosicon_smile.gif

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 7

Well.... what's her *favorite* of all the sports? Who's her favorite singer or band? As for fashion, is there a specific aspect like clothing or makeup or whatever that piques her interest?

wendycar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendycar Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:35am
post #4 of 7

The spa cake is adorable...She is one of those kiddos who is all over the map with her favorites. I think field hockey is her favorite sport right now, and the singer Pink is her favorite.

Sweet-Kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Kakes Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:13am
post #5 of 7

I, too, have a 9 yr old daughter. She just loves all the zebra cakes on this site with hot pink accents. She especially loves the topsy-turvy's, with feather boa's around the bottom.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:59am
post #6 of 7

Nail Polish, high heel shoe, purse, field hocky stick and ball.

gracecb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gracecb Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:11am
post #7 of 7

I too had the same problem when my daughter turned 9 last year, we finally decided to do a "pink poodle" theme...it was alot of fun! i used hot pink fondant and made a poodle out of pale pink, she loved it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%