Stabilizing Whipping Cream

Decorating By Kerry_Kake Updated 3 Mar 2009 , 2:04am by Kerry_Kake

Kerry_Kake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerry_Kake Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 2:49am
post #1 of 4

Hi, I bought McCall's brand stabilizer for my whipping cream and it says to add 1tbsp. per cup of cream. But my question is when do I add it? Before whipping or after? I would appreciate any help! icon_redface.gif

Thanks,
Kerry

3 replies
Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:20pm
post #2 of 4

Any kind of stabilizer should be added to the liquid cream and then whipped. BUT most dont work, I have tried Dr Oetekars and many others. Are you looking for whipped cream for a cake?
If so I would highly highly recomend Richs Non Dairy whipped topping-think cool whip but much sturdier. I use it everyday. Where are you located? I can maybe suggest where you could buy it. good luck!

jennym0904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennym0904 Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 4

i've used wilton's piping gel to stablize the cream. i add it when the cream's liquid and beat. the directions say 3 tablespoons per cup, but I usually add 2tablespoons. I think the directions are on the wilton site. icon_smile.gif

Kerry_Kake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerry_Kake Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:04am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the replies. I actually added it about middle way, when the whipping cream just started to beat up. I'll try it next time when it's in it's full liquid state. Yes, I can get cool whip here in Canada. Guess I wanted to try the real whipped cream icon_razz.gif
Oh, and it held up very well. Yes, it was to frost the cake with. I'll post a pic. It stayed out at room temperature for 2 hours and never lost it's shape. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%