? About Icing Sugar

Decorating By MamaMayhem Updated 1 Mar 2009 , 1:44pm by MamaMayhem

MamaMayhem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaMayhem Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 12:32am
post #1 of 4

I've been reading about buttercream and a lot of decorators seem to recommend C&H Sugar. I can't find anyone who carries it near me, and I didn't see a place to order straigt from the C&H site. I guess my question is what makes it special? Is it that it's pure cane sugar, and if so, is Domino sugar a sufficient substitute being that it's also cane sugar rather than beet sugar? I'm confused. icon_confused.gif

3 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 2:51am
post #2 of 4

From what I can tell, C&H and Domino sugars are made by the same company and appear to be different name brands for the same product.

Sweet-Kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Kakes Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:06am
post #3 of 4

Are you referring to the powered sugar? In powered sugar, i just check the bag to make sure it feels soft and loose, and usually go with the store brand. Walmart is my usual.

MamaMayhem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaMayhem Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 1:44pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks ladies, I've been confused for no good reason. I did a little follow-up research and it looks like Domino and C&H are fron the same manufacturer AND the Walmart brand id pure cane sugar also. So any of them should be fine.

And yes, I was referring to 10X, powered sugar. Sorry for the confusion icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%