A Question About Smbc

Decorating By cinderspritzer Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 4:22pm by cinderspritzer

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 3

I searched the forums and didn't find anything that would work for this question.

I'll start off by saying that I HATE that taste of buttercreams that are shortening and butter and powdered sugar. Most of my family hates them too.

I've decided I really like using SMBC, but I'm not really sure how to thicken it for doing roses and to thin it enough to ice my cake, without altering the flavor of it too much? Does that make any sense?

2 replies
Ladyfish74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyfish74 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 3

yes, but I don't think you could be very successful making roses with it no matter what you did to it. It's just too full of air. I usually make the roses out of ABC or Royal and frost the cake with the SMBC. SMBC is really a pill to try and color also. When I have to color it, I usually mix in some ABC so it will color better. Hopefully you will get some feedback from someone who knows more about it than I do. I just don't do much decorating with it except for borders etc...It definitely stinks for piping or stringwork....too many air bubbles.

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 3

I figured that might be the case. I'll try mixing it with a little ABC and see if it helps any but doesn't destroy the taste. Thanks for your help. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%