Cake, Presentation, Price And Customer Service...

Business By sweetlayers Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 7:11pm by cylstrial

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 8

I thought this would be good to share...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/29427128#29001443

7 replies
cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 5:22pm
post #2 of 8

Good information. Especially the Ritz Carlton example: explain first what makes you better than the competitors so when you quote a price, you dont seem so expensive. The customer knows they are paying for high quality...
Thanks for posting that!

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 8

He used a really good visual analogy too! Thanks for sharing!

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 8

That was a great video. I think people have been missing the point of customer service for some time. I have found this to be true recently. If I am purchasing a product or service, I expect to get that service and some have not been delivering and they think "I am sorry" fixes things...the lady goofed on my taxes (put the routing # in the account # spot for direct deposit of my tax return) I called and tried to bite my tongue and be nice to bring the mistake to her attention, she said she was sorry and that the government automatically issues a check in this case...I am still fuming because I paid her to file the taxes for me, if I wanted it to be goofed I would have done it myself and yet sorry was the answer.
I just feel like now more than ever customer service is paramount. It should always be so but in our economy I think even more so. People have less to work with and when we do buy something, luxury or not, we should be treated a certain way.
Ok...I am jumping off my soap box...have a nice weekend everyone!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 8

A good reminder that needs repeated often .. basic sales 101 .... you sell yourself first, then your company, THEN you get around to selling your product. thumbs_up.gif

Cookie45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie45 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 5:37pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for sharing!!!

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 8

Actually, MSNBC has a string of helpful information regarding going into business for yourself. Watching the people and listening to there stories is so exciting contagious. Entreprenuers intrigue me. I think I have been bitten by the bug.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 7:11pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for sharing that link! Great info!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%