1St Birthday Cake, Need Help

Decorating By Lynnscakes_sc Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 6:05pm by janelwaters

Lynnscakes_sc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnscakes_sc Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a 1st birthday cake for my cousins baby that is due tomorrow. She originally told me two weeks ago that she would have 20 people at the most. I got an email this morning saying that she has 33 people confirmed that is coming to the party. I am attaching a picture of the cake that I drew out (that she designed). I have already baked a double layer 10in cake (he has his own smash cake) but I know these people like cake so I am going to make cupcakes to match the cake, the problem is I am brain dead and I can't seem to think of what to put on the cupcakes....any ideas?

(I can't seem to put a picture of the cake on here, I drew it in microsoft pub.) It is a 2 tier cake. The bottom cake is yellow, with red, blue, green & purple circles. The top is red with yellow, blue, green & purple stripes. The boarder around both tiers is rolled up fondant circles in all those colors. And on the top tier is the baby einstein worm wrapped around a 1 candle (that is white with colored dots).

Thanks!

5 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 6

You could put different colored 1's or the child's initial on top or if you have time, you could make a bunch of Einstien worms as toppers too.

Good luck - the cake sounds great! can't wait to see pics of the final product!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 6

Janel gave you some good ideasicon_smile.gif

Lynnscakes_sc Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks, janelwaters I love the worm topper idea!

Lynnscakes_sc Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks, janelwaters I love the worm topper idea!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 6:05pm
post #6 of 6

That was my fist choice, but I'm usually running behind, I didn't know where you were on time.

Good luck!! Can't wait to see the pics!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%