How Long To Fondant Figures Last?

Decorating By Vivalawvegas Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 12:12am by ClassyMommy

Vivalawvegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vivalawvegas Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 4

I made a batch of MMF yesterday to play around with molding some 3D farm animals in anticipation of my daughter's birthday cake. It was my first attempt but they turned out ADORABLE and I'm so pleased with them.

This was just supposed to be for practice but I'm so happy with them I want to keep them and use them on the cake. Problem is, the party isn't until 4/4 which is a way's away.

I'd love to keep them because I'm going on vacation right before the party and it would be one less thing to have to do when I got home.

I don't particularly care about the "taste" factor as I don't expect them to be eaten. Right now they are just air-drying on the counter so I can add some RI detailing.

TIA!

3 replies
KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 4

I almost always use MMF and my figures have lasted well over a year on some of my display cakes with no problem. They're dusty, but totally fine. Of course if you plan on eating them, I'd just put them in a cardbaord box or something to cover them. They'll be totally fine.

KimAZ

Vivalawvegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vivalawvegas Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 4

icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks!!

I just didn't expect them to turn out so well! I thought for sure I'd have to re-do them!

ClassyMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClassyMommy Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:12am
post #4 of 4

I was wondering the same thing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%