What Brand Of Tips Is Best?

Decorating By cserwa Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 4:01am by Monkess

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:22am
post #1 of 7

Okay. I'm new, but I can read. Wilton sucks. I get it. =) What brand of tips should I buy, then?

6 replies
Lil_Belle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lil_Belle Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:29am
post #2 of 7

I'm fairly new to the trade but I have wilton tips and they are great icon_smile.gif I have like two ateco tips (from my mom) but the ones I have have a seem and some times the little balls I pipe with them have a line on them.

To each their own, I have wilton items and yes; some of their items I simply can't understand why you would need/want/use them, but I do use their things icon_smile.gif

Did that help at all? XD

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:38am
post #3 of 7

I have some wilton, ateco, and something else that I can't remember the name of. I have noticed that some of the wilton tips are smaller that the corresponding number in the ateco brand. I don't think there is anything wrong with the quality or functionality of the wilton tips. But don't get me started on some of their other stuff...lol

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:36pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the feedback ladies! I'll buy one of each and compare!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 7

PME and Bekenal tips are very high quality, and much higher in price than Wilton. They do not have seams, which can interfere with smooth piping, especially on very fine work.

sweet1122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet1122 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:50am
post #6 of 7

Wilton sucks at a lot of things, but I think their tips are just fine. I don't like their couplers as well as another kind I bought though. icon_biggrin.gif

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:01am
post #7 of 7

Between Ateco and Wilton I tend to favour Wilton-simply because the ease of availability. Bekenal are ofcourse touted as one of the best tips in the world-but really $5-6 a tip just doesnt seem worth it, I will be always weary of losing one...moreover I personally dont think it makes such a difference. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%