Exact Same Cookie Recipe....

Baking By kjgjam22 Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 1:26am by kjgjam22

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 2:34am
post #31 of 77

ok, would this work, what if I froze them, and then put them in those shrink wrap bags i have everywhere, do you think thatd work?

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 2:45am
post #32 of 77

you guys are cracking me up. do i get some too for starting the thread?? icon_smile.gif

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 3:11am
post #33 of 77

Melvira I can just picture you sitting there giggling away waiting for cookies in the mail! I'm sure you can "crack the code" though thumbs_up.gif

I wonder if they are like the Lofthouse cookies? Has anyone heard of those? They are super soft, I like them...but not the frosting they use.

You usually find them at grocey stores that have bakeries.

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 3:27am
post #34 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofcakes

Melvira I can just picture you sitting there giggling away waiting for cookies in the mail! I'm sure you can "crack the code" though thumbs_up.gif

I wonder if they are like the Lofthouse cookies? Has anyone heard of those? They are super soft, I like them...but not the frosting they use.

You usually find them at grocey stores that have bakeries.

Yup we have them here...they're really good. I don't mind the frosting, they just put a LOT on. I'm normally not a sugar cookie fan, but I like these ones.

chassidyg Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 3:29am
post #35 of 77

these are 10 times better then lofthouse! and they top them with bc & load on sprinkles. they are about the size of a cd....so yum

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 3:30am
post #36 of 77

Ok Teri, I am going to let you slide this once because you probably don't have 'the list', but "Lofthouse" is a word that we don't say in front of Melvira, especially during this oh-so-special week of the month!! Melvira could eat an entire package of those, get sick, then eat a second package. Repeat the next day! But, we need to shhhhhhhhh before Chass says, "Oh yah, they're just like that, I guess I don't need to send you some." I DO NOT want to have to beat you up over this. Hehehehe.

Chass... you could try freezing and sealing. Of course, no matter what you do, I'm just going to lie and say I didn't get them so you have to send more. icon_smile.gif Just teasing!! I had one person from CC send me some cookies once, sort of a 'critique these' sort of thing. That was like the nicest treat. #1 That they felt I was the right person to do that for them. (Of course, I've had Fancy Nancy's cookies, so I AM an authority! Haha!) and #2 It was like this really beautiful package of assorted cookies... I felt like it was my birthday! That was so awesome! (So, yah, if anyone else needs help with that... I'm pretty good at it. I have experience! Hehehehe!)

Melvira Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 3:42am
post #37 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassidyg

these are 10 times better then lofthouse! and they top them with bc & load on sprinkles. they are about the size of a cd....so yum

Oh... my... gracious Lord. You must stop right now. I am seriously having spasms. My brain just disconnected from my body and went searching for cheap airfare to come get them!!!

Idreamofcakes Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:55am
post #38 of 77

Oh Melvira you know you love me!!
I'm just wondering though...does this mean you don't want me to find the copy of the Lofthouse cookie recipe I have and post it?

Wait if those others are 10x better then i'm getting airfare to your house till the cookies get there!!
Oh my...sugar cookies have always been my favorite...with yummy, soft, creamy, buttery, buttercream frosting! And I don't care what time of the month it is icon_lol.gif

chassidyg Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 2:20pm
post #39 of 77

you dont need airfare, i'm an hour and half west of des moines, how far east are you?

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 5:15pm
post #40 of 77

Melvira - Thankyou for sacrificing yourself on behalf of all of us out there in search of the 'perfect' sugar cookie recipe. We bow to you! icon_lol.gif Wow! You have had Nancy's cookies?? icon_eek.gif You have actually been in the presence of one of her masterpieces? I am so envious! Nancy is hand-down the Queen of Cookiedom! princess.gif

Idreamofcakes - Hmm... What is this Lofthouse recipe? Can you really post it? It sounds great!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 11:06pm
post #41 of 77

if you guys haven't seen, you should check out the amazing cake that melvira and nancy collaborated on. it's the black and silver cake in mel's photos. you might say they're kinda like old chums(yep...jelousy here too). it's an amazing cake!!!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 5:51am
post #42 of 77

Melvira may i ask what kind og BC you use for cookies? is it the same for cakes? is it crusting?

You guy talking about cookies making me hungry!!!!

TracyLH Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:06pm
post #43 of 77

Wow! I just saw the cake collaboration you are talking about Kneadacookie! That is just incredible! How fun that they got to work together!!! As a cookie-er, I'd be happy to just wash Nancy's pastry bags! icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 5:41pm
post #44 of 77

OMG, Nancy is the queen, and let me tell you... they may look amazingly gorgeous and unbelievably detailed... they TASTE even better. icon_surprised.gif She cannot be beat! I simply adore Nancy, my son calls her 'Auntie Nan', and she was actually my first phone call when I got pregnant with my second! And we've never even met in person... it's just one of those things were you meet someone and realize they were meant to be a part of your life. That's how it was with her. Ok... sorry... I'll shush about it, I just adore her so much it's hard not to brag about how awesome she is. icon_redface.gif

We need to meet in Des Moines some time. Everyone within driving distance... just get together and hang out! How freakin' fun would that be?! (And bring some of those cookies!!)

The only time I use BC on SC's is if someone requests it, or I am just eating one. For orders I usually do fondant, or sometimes royal, because other people like it more than I do.

There is a Like Lofthouse recipe here, I haven't tried it yet, only because I've been incredibly busy, and I DON'T need to have a batch of those on hand. Oh, just call me Fatty McCookieSnarfer!! *sigh* I would go nuts.

Idreamofcakes Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:56am
post #45 of 77

Tracy...Lofthouse is a brand of cookies. The sugar cookies are really good. Just plain ol' round ones. Way to soft to make shapes or anything, but very tasty.
I will try and find the recipe I have this week and post it.

Melvira Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 3:28am
post #46 of 77

Here is the link to the recipe here for the "Like Lofthouse" cookies...
http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2303-Like-Lofthouse-iced-soft-sugar-cookies.html

I haven't tried this yet, but many people have said it's good. thumbs_up.gif

TracyLH Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 10:57pm
post #47 of 77

Thanks for the recipe, Melvira! Much appreciated! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Nancy's cookies taste better than they look? icon_eek.gif I didn't even think that was even possible! Yes, she is the Queen! Always was and always will be! I originally saw her cookies and about had a heart attack! Later, I saw that she does the most amazing cakes!! Oh, I hope she writes a book just to have it out on the coffee table. Her work is complete art! On top of all her talent, she is incredibly nice. I was fortunate enough to have exchanged a few computer chats with her when I realized she lived near me and found her to be just the nicest person. Alas, she moved before I could ever have a chance to really meet her (should I have been so lucky! I just wanted to go into the store that carried her cookies on a day she was there just to say "Hi!" and try my best not to gush too much icon_lol.gif ). I have the highest hopes for her future! Her talent is truly, truly amazing!

kneadacookie Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 11:22pm
post #48 of 77

i keep going back to her site to see how the move to NY went...but nothing! i hope everything's ok!?!?

Melvira Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:18am
post #49 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneadacookie

i keep going back to her site to see how the move to NY went...but nothing! i hope everything's ok!?!?

I don't really want to get into it because I don't feel right spreading her business. I don't really know what to say without saying too much, you know?

kneadacookie Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:58am
post #50 of 77

understandable!!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 5:55am
post #51 of 77

OK, forgive a cookie-newbie but... who is this 'Nancy' and where can I see these beautiful cookies? You all have peaked my curiosity!

kneadacookie Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:13pm
post #52 of 77

prepare to be amazed!!!!

http://flickr.com/photos/nancydidion/

Melvira Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:22pm
post #53 of 77

I have been blessed by her friendship, and I have to show you the amazing cookies she made for my boys. The first is the cutest little overalls for my baby... she made and sent me a box of them for my baby shower. They are just too cute. Then, being the amazing woman that she is, she had to throw in a special one for my older son so he didn't feel left out. This is him with our cat Tigger. icon_surprised.gif This thing was even cooler in person!! You wouldn't believe the assorted cookies she has sent me as well... I won't post all of those, but needless to say, each one was cooler than the last!! This woman has more talent in her pinky toe than I have in my whole cake & cookie makin' body!
LL
LL

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:36pm
post #54 of 77

Melvira, if you adopted me, would Nancy send me some cookies, too? What an awesome talent she has.

Melvira Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:44pm
post #55 of 77

Hmmm... can't guarantee that, but it might be worth a try! Hahaha!

Melvira Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:48pm
post #56 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassidyg

you dont need airfare, i'm an hour and half west of des moines, how far east are you?

Good grief, I went back to look for somethin on the previous page and realized you were probably talking to ME here! hahaha! SORRY! I am 3 hours (approximately) East of Des Moines. I go up there sometimes... they have a great babies-r-us, and it's right on the way to my sisters's house when I go visit her in KC Mo.

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:24pm
post #57 of 77

Thanks for the recipes ladies. I was looking for something like this last week. A little bit of lemon extract made the royal icing taste yummy for me. Oh and on the pasteurized egg whites from the supermarket. - It says on the side of the container that because of the heat process for pasteurizing they cannot be whipped and are not recommended for baking.

Melvira Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:25pm
post #58 of 77

Ok, well, that answers that question, doesn't it! thumbs_up.gif Thanks for the info!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:04pm
post #59 of 77
Quote:
Quote:

prepare to be amazed!!!!

http://flickr.com/photos/nancydidion/

I am in awe of her greatness!
Holy Moly!!

Melvira Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:08pm
post #60 of 77

Did you see the pic of her Hagrid cookie? It is beyond detailed! I mean, he even has 3D thick curly hair, etc. And that sucker is like 10 inches tall!! WHEW! I'm telling you... she's the bomb.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%