Need Help With Hubby's Company 20Th Birthday Cake

Decorating By mommyinaprilx2 Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 5:20pm by kakeladi

mommyinaprilx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyinaprilx2 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:45am
post #1 of 6

It is supposed to be a family bbq party thing but I know they want a really nice cake since it is for the biz 20th birthday party. Any ideas? It needs to feed alot but they said we can do sheets cakes on the side if needed. Should I do the logo? I was also thinking of a tiered cake and then on the top putting the letters BMI sticking out of the top tier. (BMI is short for the company name) I thought maybe making them glittery or something but still want the logo on there I think. Ideas?

5 replies
HoldensNanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HoldensNanny Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:57am
post #2 of 6

I think your idea of a tiered cake wih the company initials on the top. Good luck on the cake! I am sure you will do a great job! thumbs_up.gif

mommyinaprilx2 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:58am
post #3 of 6

Do you think that if I do the initials on top and then put the company logo on the side of one of the tiers would be to much?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 6

Your plan is a sound one. It will not be too much using the logo & initials, especially if you can do other decos to 'soften' it. Not knowing anything about the co can't suggest anything but there is always flowers.

mommyinaprilx2 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:44am
post #5 of 6

They just emailed me and want a level 3 or 4 feet long and 2 trowel cake. (it is a masonry company) How would I do a 3 or 4 foot long cake. I know I can do the sheet cakes together but what would you put it on to transport?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 6

For that you must get a piece of wood from a lumber co. Make sure it's not flexible icon_smile.gif
I did several cakes that long. Make sure you have a vehicle that will accommodate the lengthicon_smile.gif Wish I still had the pix to show icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%