Note To Self: Don't Place Orders Late At Night.

Baking By andpotts Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 5:17am by CakeDiva73

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:14am
post #1 of 12

I was a little too excited to place my latest cookie cutter order, went through my cart several times, adding this one, removing that one. Low and behold I look at my invoice this afternoon and see I have 3 jumping salmon cutters on the way! No idea how I managed that one, no more late night ordering for me!

Andrea
LL

11 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:11am
post #2 of 12

ha ha ha ha ha!! Yep, been there, done that! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 12

I'm stuck with two huge Frankenstien heads from a late order too! Thought I was the only one who did that, lol.

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 12

Maybe subconsciously you were craving seafood? hahaa!!!!!! icon_wink.gif

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 12

Oh you poor thing! Is it too late to call customer service and have them fix your order?

BTW - thanks for the chuckle! icon_wink.gif

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:11pm
post #6 of 12

cute.

Another HUGE NOTE to self: Never work on quotes late at night. I quoted a giant 350 serving wedding cake WRONG by about $300.00 the other day, and now I have to stick by it. (I was looking at round serving quantities for a square cake!)

I didn't tell them...I'm just calling it my "Volume Discount" icon_mad.gif

SweetPicks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPicks Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 5:56pm
post #7 of 12

I just had this happen to me this morning!lol! So, I guess don't order them early in the morning either! I've got 3 dog paw print cutters on their way to me! Ha-Ha!! icon_smile.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 6:17pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef_Stef

cute.

Another HUGE NOTE to self: Never work on quotes late at night. I quoted a giant 350 serving wedding cake WRONG by about $300.00 the other day, and now I have to stick by it. (I was looking at round serving quantities for a square cake!)

I don't see how a square cake will be any different in price for 350 servings than the round cake, it'll just be made up of different sizes, yes? I would just say that you were looking at the round chart and not the square and in square, the sizes of cake will be as follows. As a customer I wouldn't complain about that, I'm still getting the servings I wanted, right, and the price won't change, so where would be the problem in that? We all make mistakes!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 12:33am
post #9 of 12

LOL...too funny! We all do things like that. I'm gonna be up late tonight making a cake. Who knows what will happen!! =o)

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 12:44am
post #10 of 12

if you don't want to keep the jumpin salmon cutters i'd be happy to buy them from you!! icon_smile.gif i have a microwave fish shaped muffin pan i bought off ebay years ago. was cheap. still waiting for an op to use it lol!!

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 12:51am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef_Stef

cute.

I don't see how a square cake will be any different in price for 350 servings than the round cake, it'll just be made up of different sizes, yes? I would just say that you were looking at the round chart and not the square and in square, the sizes of cake will be as follows. As a customer I wouldn't complain about that, I'm still getting the servings I wanted, right, and the price won't change, so where would be the problem in that? We all make mistakes!

Have you never noticed that a square cake takes more cake mix than a round one...

i dont charge per serving otherwise i wouldnt have any orders would be way to expensive... i start with a base of $10 an inch and then add in extra for decoration cake shape and flavour... never had a complaint yet in fact get told i should be charging more but i just cant ... hehehe... have risen prices slightly due to food increases etc and i do charge a delivery set up fee also. if i have to travel a long way ie more than an hour i charge per kilometre travelled.

must admit though have been a couple of cakes that after they are done i have thought i should have charged more but hey thats my fault and i put a note on the order form when i file it away as a note to myself...

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:17am
post #12 of 12

Ug. I have done the same thing.....I have flat rate prices for either square or round cakes and accidentally quoted the 10" round instead of the 10" square - definitely not that same as $300 but I know what you mean.

I charge by the slice if the cakes are stacked/tiered and that includes delivery, etc. If I charged by the slice for a regular 8 or 10 inch cake, I would never get any orders.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%