Cream Cheese Icing..please Help

Decorating By pipe-dreams Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 9:19pm by prterrell

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making a red velvet with cream cheese icing for Saturday. I was going to make my icings today, b/c I also have a bc cake for Sunday. (I'm a stay at home mom, so I try to break my steps up and do a little each day, so I don't spend all day in the kitchen). I just got to thinking, since it's cream cheese I shouldn't leave it out like I do bc. I was going to ice it Thursday, then put the decorations on friday. But will it sweat if it's iced and in the fridge? I've never eaten or worked with red velvet or cream cheese icing, so I don't know anything about it. Or should I just do it Friday and have it in the fridge one night? The reason I was splitting it up is so I could do that one Thursday, add deco on Friday. Then ice my other cake on Friday and add deco on Sat. Please, any advise!! TIA

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 3

It depends on the recipe you are using for the icing. Earlene Moore has a great one that does not need refrigeration. As I rememer it is a lg recipe......maybe cut it in 1/2?
If you other cake is iced in (plain) b'cream could you do that one 1st? It won't need to be frig'd. If you do it on Thurs it will be fine for Sat,

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 3

I refrigerate cakes iced in cream cheese icing all the time (including RV). Never had a problem with it sweating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%