Cream-Colored Fondant - How To?

Decorating By allie73 Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 2:40pm by allie73

allie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allie73 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 8

I'm doing an 18th b-day cake for next week and she wants a cream/pink/brown color scheme. Pink and brown I can do, but I've had trouble getting a really pretty cream color in fondant. Do I use a touch of golden yellow? A little bit of brown? A touch of both? Thanks so much for helping!

7 replies
Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 8

I would try a touch of both yellow and brown...

wasabi106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wasabi106 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 8

Do you make your own fondant? Not sure if would work but couldn't you add a good bit of pure vanilla when making the fondant to getmore of an ivory/cream color. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

wasabi106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wasabi106 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 8

Do you make your own fondant? Not sure if would work but couldn't you add a good bit of pure vanilla when making the fondant to getmore of an ivory/cream color. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:09pm
post #5 of 8

If you buy, try the ivory color. I have used the Satin Ice one and to lighten it a bit more than their color, I just need some white into it.

allie73 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:10pm
post #6 of 8

I do make my own fondant, and even with the vanilla, it's still very white.

I will try a little bit of yellow and little bit of brown and see how it goes!

marriedtoagreek74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marriedtoagreek74 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:17pm
post #7 of 8

I usually use some Americolor Ivory but hve also ued the Wilton's Ivory in a crunch. One time I tried to mix it like it says in the Toba Garrett book and it came out peach icon_mad.gif so from now on I buy the actual coloring instead of trying to mix.

allie73 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:40pm
post #8 of 8

That is my fear - peach or yellow or beige instead of cream! I've not seen the ivory Wilton color, and I don't have time to order from GSA. Looks like I'll be stopping in Milwaukee this weekend to pick up the Americolor! I can't believe that living in the Chicago/Milwaukee area, I have to drive for 45 minutes in any direction to find a cake supply store. icon_mad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%